FWB AW93 - adjusting the dampeners

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Fortitudo Dei

FWB AW93 - adjusting the dampeners

Post by Fortitudo Dei »

Has anyone experimented with adjusting the two dampeners at the front of the AW93 moving barrel weight? The two screws which adjust the tension on the dampening springs are accessed from the front of the pistol and can obviously be adjusted. The question is by how much and in which direction. It would seem that they could be adjusted for different types of ammo, but interestingly if this is the case, it does not get a mention in the manual.
If anyone has played around with these adjustment screws, I would be interested in hearing how they got on and what the results were like.

Walt Young

Re: FWB AW93 - adjusting the dampeners

Post by Walt Young »

I believe that they are locked in place because I tried to turn the screw (because I have to mess with everything), but it would not move.

Fortitudo Dei

Post by Fortitudo Dei »

: I believe that they are locked in place because I tried to turn the screw (because I have to mess with everything), but it would not move.
Hmmm - that is interesting, as mine are free to turn. I have heard that the original Russian design (by Yefim Haidurov I believe) only had the larger central dampener / piston which is on the inside in the middle of the barrel weight. Feinwerkbau's designers supposedly then added the two little dampeners at the front, with the adjustment screws allowing tuning for different grades of ammo. I've tried to get confirmation from FWB on this, but unfortunately, as wonderful as their products are, I have found them to be hopeless at replying to inquiries or requests.
walt young

Post by walt young »

If you do experiment with them, Please let us know what you find out.
—walt