Any success/recommendations putting aperture sights on BRNO Mod 4?

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

hoenisch

Any success/recommendations putting aperture sights on BRNO Mod 4?

Post by hoenisch »

Hi All,

This is my first post. I'm wondering if anyone has had success attaching an aperture sight to a BRNO Mod 4 and if you can provide me with any advice and/or recommendations on doing it. The BRNO rail is non-standard. I can't recall right now but I think it was too thin for an Anschutz. I did have some exchanges with a Canadian Anschutz distributor, but after some effort concluded it might be easier if I just bought one of his Anschutz products.

I saw this forum and thought if there's someone who might have done this - it could be here.

I look forward to your feedback and suggestions.

Yours truly,
Fred.
Mikey_P

Re: Any success/recommendations putting aperture sights on BRNO Mod 4?

Post by Mikey_P »

Hi Fred,

First, welcome to the forum! A lot of knowledgeable people here, for sure.

BRNO manufactured a rear aperture-style sight for the Mod 4. And, yes, the receiver dovetail is non-standard (I *think* it is 16mm). In any event, I have two BRNO Mod 4's, both with this sight setup. Attached is a pic that gives a general idea as to what it looks like. The sight slides onto the dovetail and is fixed in place using the thumbscrew. If you look closely at the dovetail, you'll see a small dimple on top - this is what locates the thumbscrew.

From the factory, it came with a fixed aperture. With the correct thread adapter, you can mount any of the modern adjustable iris apertures (Anschutz, Gehmann, etc.).

Hope this helps and enjoy that Mod 4. They're great shooting rifles, needless to say!

Mike
Attachments
Brno match sights_01 copy.jpg
hoenisch

Post by hoenisch »

Hi Mike,

Thank you for the welcome, reply and picture. My challenge is where can I find and what kind of adapter do I ask for? Every time I do some research and/or talk to a retailer I can't get a clear response of, "This is the <xyz> product you need."

As per "They're great shooting rifles" - I'm pretty sure I got mine on my 16th birthday in 1985 and, to this day, it remains one of my favourite rifles. :) The quality ranks one of the best I've seen.

Thanks again.
Fred.
hoenisch

Post by hoenisch »

Thank you Stephen!
Ordered!