What new RF pistols will reign?

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

BillC

What new RF pistols will reign?

Post by BillC »

Just curious for opinions as to which pistols will raise to the top if the ISSF goes through with the new RF rules. Will it truly be standard pistols, or will someone develop new RF pistols based on the new rules? If someone wants to get into RF in the next year, which direction should they be sent looking for a pistol? Any and all opinions welcome.
Mike McDaniel

Re: What new RF pistols will reign?

Post by Mike McDaniel »

: Just curious for opinions as to which pistols will raise to the top if the ISSF goes through with the new RF rules. Will it truly be standard pistols, or will someone develop new RF pistols based on the new rules? If someone wants to get into RF in the next year, which direction should they be sent looking for a pistol? Any and all opinions welcome.
My opinion is that the guns to beat will be the shorter SPs. Hammerli 208s, FWB AW-93, etc. The guns with a lot of weight in front of the trigger guard (Walther GSP, Hammerli 280, etc.), I believe, will not rise well without modifications. Anticipate a spate of short-barreled conversions - especially short-barreled conversion kits for OSPs and GPs.
HMSLion-at-aol.com.46787.46765
Mark

Post by Mark »

Will the maximum allowable sight radius be the same as Standard Pistol, or will it be increased?
: : Just curious for opinions as to which pistols will raise to the top if the ISSF goes through with the new RF rules. Will it truly be standard pistols, or will someone develop new RF pistols based on the new rules? If someone wants to get into RF in the next year, which direction should they be sent looking for a pistol? Any and all opinions welcome.
: My opinion is that the guns to beat will be the shorter SPs. Hammerli 208s, FWB AW-93, etc. The guns with a lot of weight in front of the trigger guard (Walther GSP, Hammerli 280, etc.), I believe, will not rise well without modifications. Anticipate a spate of short-barreled conversions - especially short-barreled conversion kits for OSPs and GPs.

BillC

Post by BillC »

: My opinion is that the guns to beat will be the shorter SPs. Hammerli 208s, FWB AW-93, etc. The guns with a lot of weight in front of the trigger guard (Walther GSP, Hammerli 280, etc.), I believe, will not rise well without modifications. Anticipate a spate of short-barreled conversions - especially short-barreled conversion kits for OSPs and GPs.
Thanks Mark. From what I've read though, the velocity restrictions may really hurt the short barreled guns. Is that rule going to have to change, or will it force the use of longer barrel guns simply based on their ability to achieve the required velocity? I've been wanting to try RF for some time, and really don't want to wait another year or two for things to sort out.

David Levene

Post by David Levene »

: Will the maximum allowable sight radius be the same as Standard Pistol, or will it be increased?
As I understand it there will be the one pistol specification for both Standard and Rapid Fire, that specification being the current Standard Pistol (I believe).
In addition there is likely to be a minimum muzzle velocity for Rapid Fire.
dalevene-at-blueyonder.co.uk.46798.46795