Novice Choice

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Charles

Novice Choice

Post by Charles »

Just a quick question- I have recently started modern pentathlon, and will be needing to buy an air pistol soon. I have roughly 350 dollars to spend, and so far have been looking at the IZH-46M, as well as a couple of C02 weapons (walter CP2 and pardini K60). I will also be able to get hold of a FWB Mod 65 for this sort of money.
Which would you guys recommend? I'm tempted by the IZH, as it is reasonably cheap, and I wont need to buy CO2 for it.
Thanks

Mark

Re: Novice Choice

Post by Mark »

For just starting out, I'd suggest the IZH-46M. Personally, I think it is every bit as good as the FWB-65 and significantly cheaper. I think a lot of the price on FWB-65 these days has more to do with it being considered a "classic" more than anything else.
: Just a quick question- I have recently started modern pentathlon, and will be needing to buy an air pistol soon. I have roughly 350 dollars to spend, and so far have been looking at the IZH-46M, as well as a couple of C02 weapons (walter CP2 and pardini K60). I will also be able to get hold of a FWB Mod 65 for this sort of money.
: Which would you guys recommend? I'm tempted by the IZH, as it is reasonably cheap, and I wont need to buy CO2 for it.
: Thanks

Wee Hooker

Re: Novice Choice

Post by Wee Hooker »

I've owned the 46M and several older walther /FWB Co2 guns. The 46m is an EXCELLENT gun IMHO and is used by several topshooters in my local league. It's only drawbacks in my opinion are 1) having to cock it between strokes ( not a big drawback either) 2) it's blocky grip will almost surely need some work for a good fit 3) spotty quality 4) lack of adjustability in grip, ballance, trigger etc. The older CO2 guns are my choice as you are basicly getting a well loved/cared for $1000 olympic level gun that has been around a while. it will ballance slightly better 9 inmy experience) have no cocking effort and usually have a much better grip and adjustability. Hard to go too wrong with either IMHO.

: For just starting out, I'd suggest the IZH-46M. Personally, I think it is every bit as good as the FWB-65 and significantly cheaper. I think a lot of the price on FWB-65 these days has more to do with it being considered a "classic" more than anything else.
: : Just a quick question- I have recently started modern pentathlon, and will be needing to buy an air pistol soon. I have roughly 350 dollars to spend, and so far have been looking at the IZH-46M, as well as a couple of C02 weapons (walter CP2 and pardini K60). I will also be able to get hold of a FWB Mod 65 for this sort of money.
FWIW, i've sold off my 46 M and still shoot a FWB C-2 and Styer Lp1.
: : Which would you guys recommend? I'm tempted by the IZH, as it is reasonably cheap, and I wont need to buy CO2 for it.
: : Thanks