USA Shooting Top Gun & 3X AP Competition, invitation

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Mako

USA Shooting Top Gun & 3X AP Competition, invitation

Post by Mako »

I just got an invitation to the USA Shooting Annual 3X Air Pistol Competition and the 9th Annual Top Gun competition held at the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, Colorado. January 21 to 26th. Training, 3 AP matches and then the unique Top Gun competition. The Top Gun match is shot in three heats. 30 shots in 45 minutes, top 60% shoot 20 shots in 30 minutes, top 50% shoot 10 shots in 12 minutes and then the top 10 shoot a modified finals where each final shot stands on it's own. After each shot the shooter with the lowest scored shot drops out. Ties are shot-off immediately to see who drops out. Men and women together ... obviously an exciting and fun match against US Team members, and YOU.
I got this invitation because I shot at the US Nationals.
Now I know there are a bunch of you that are very fine air pistol shooters ... see the High Noon scores ... better then me ... that never make it to the Nationals. If January fits your schedule better ... you should give USA Shooting a call ... and ask if you can join the fun. (719) 866-4670, fax (719) 635-7989.
National Pistol Coach Eric Buljung is running this event ...
makofoto-at-earthlink.net.46718.0
Slo cat

Re: USA Shooting Top Gun & 3X AP Competition, invitation

Post by Slo cat »

See you there, Mako. This will be my third year participating. This match is a lot of fun. You get to eat in the NTC cafeteria (you have never experienced such great food in a cafeteria!) with some of the top AP shooters in the US and rub elbows with Olympic athletes.
One point you left out. The Top Gun match is a "dress up" match. There is pre-match competition for the best dressed female & male shooter. I wore my tux and won best dressed guy in 2002.
Best Regards,
Slo cat
slocat-at-aol.com.46724.46718
Mark Rogers

Re: USA Shooting Top Gun & 3X AP Competition, invitation

Post by Mark Rogers »

Already signed up weeks ago! I think just as soon as I saw it posted on the USA Shooting site! Only 7 hours from where I live and plan on staying at the OTC. Hope to see many of the Target Talk crowd there.
Mark

: I just got an invitation to the USA Shooting Annual 3X Air Pistol Competition and the 9th Annual Top Gun competition held at the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, Colorado. January 21 to 26th. Training, 3 AP matches and then the unique Top Gun competition. The Top Gun match is shot in three heats. 30 shots in 45 minutes, top 60% shoot 20 shots in 30 minutes, top 50% shoot 10 shots in 12 minutes and then the top 10 shoot a modified finals where each final shot stands on it's own. After each shot the shooter with the lowest scored shot drops out. Ties are shot-off immediately to see who drops out. Men and women together ... obviously an exciting and fun match against US Team members, and YOU.
: I got this invitation because I shot at the US Nationals.
: Now I know there are a bunch of you that are very fine air pistol shooters ... see the High Noon scores ... better then me ... that never make it to the Nationals. If January fits your schedule better ... you should give USA Shooting a call ... and ask if you can join the fun. (719) 866-4670, fax (719) 635-7989.
: National Pistol Coach Eric Buljung is running this event ...