Why should we use shooting jacket & Pants??

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

tonio

Why should we use shooting jacket & Pants??

Post by tonio »

Guys. why we should use shooting jacket & pants.? Any recomendation that not so expensive($200 for the jacket).Im a asian guy new air gun shooter.Thanks

pdeal

Re: Why should we use shooting jacket & Pants??

Post by pdeal »

Because your competitors will be wearing them. If you are not they will have an advantage over you for that reason. I do think there is a lot to be learned by shooting without a jacket and pants though. As far as lower cost options you can buy used. I just bought an old used pair of pants for $50. They don't look too pretty but I think with a good starching they will suit me fine.
pdeal-at-mylanlabs.com.46655.46654
akihmsa

Post by akihmsa »

I like pistol because you can't wear shooting coats and pants ;~) pdeal gave the best answer!: Guys. why we should use shooting jacket & pants.? Any recomendation that not so expensive($200 for the jacket).Im a asian guy new air gun shooter.Thanks

tonio

Post by tonio »

: Guys. why we should use shooting jacket & pants.? Any recomendation that not so expensive($200 for the jacket).Im a asian guy new air gun shooter.Thanks
reason why rifle shooter use shooting jacket& pants?

Michael Ray

Because they provide SUPPORT - don't get pants yet (NT)

Post by Michael Ray »

: Guys. why we should use shooting jacket & pants.? Any recomendation that not so expensive($200 for the jacket).Im a asian guy new air gun shooter.Thanks

jason d

Post by jason d »

tonio,
You must know one thing first, learn how to shoot a decent score before going off and spending your money on a suit. once you obtain a good score, go and get the suit, but, i warn you. only shoot with the jacket until you are confortable with it. you will notice your scores rising within a day or two of hefty practice. after a couple of weeks go ahead with the shooting pants. they will greatly increase your offhand scores. but, dont rely on your equipment for good scores. the points will come from your ability not the material.
Jason D
jdard-at-mynra.com.46721.46654
Steve Rorai

Post by Steve Rorai »

Shooting coats and pants are used partly to act as the shooters safety equipment as well as as a equilizer of clothing. All competetors show up for equipment checks. These checks act to level the playing field. The max tightness of the clothing, thickness, shape, ect. This insures that all are essentially equal. As a piece of safety equipment it protects the lower backs, knees and elbows of shooters. It promotes proper posture and form. They are essential if you wish to compete among the elite.