problem with my IZH46M

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Dave Rebman

problem with my IZH46M

Post by Dave Rebman »

When I cock the pistol, the breech block goes up and sometimes the breech won't latch. It just springs back down. This happens at least 50% of the time. The pistol still functions, and shoots fine but it is a distarction when I have to manually have to thumb the breech open before loading. Has anyone else had this problem? or know what may be causing this?
DaveR
reblyel2-at-msn.com.46634.0
glennpound

Re: problem with my IZH46M

Post by glennpound »

Dave;
How goes it.....I know on my IZH 46M it took a pretty good tug when opening the cocking lever to open the breech door all the way. Don't know if this is the problem or not. Don't be a stranger guy.....
glenn
: When I cock the pistol, the breech block goes up and sometimes the breech won't latch. It just springs back down. This happens at least 50% of the time. The pistol still functions, and shoots fine but it is a distarction when I have to manually have to thumb the breech open before loading. Has anyone else had this problem? or know what may be causing this?
: DaveR

buckeyeair-at-earthlink.net.46635.46634
Jim P.

Don't know the cause but mine does that too.

Post by Jim P. »

Dave,
My IZH-46M started doing that a while ago. At about 20,000 shots I figure that something that was square has rounded off.
Still shoots fine and when the handle is back in place and I pull the breech up it stays just fine so I ignore it (Just one extra step in the loading process.)as I figure it is a parts replacement type fix.
I'd be curious what people say and how easy it is to repair.
Jim P.
Mike in Arkansas

Post by Mike in Arkansas »

My -46 used to do this as well. Started after ~10,000 shots. It only did it 10% of the time at the most.
I increased the sear engagement a tiny bit, and it hasn't done it since. I have not shot but ~200 times, so that may not have fixed it.
IIRC, the sear engagement is the rearmost screw. Doesn't take much, 1/8 turn or so.
Mike in Arkansas

: When I cock the pistol, the breech block goes up and sometimes the breech won't latch. It just springs back down. This happens at least 50% of the time. The pistol still functions, and shoots fine but it is a distarction when I have to manually have to thumb the breech open before loading. Has anyone else had this problem? or know what may be causing this?
: DaveR

DaveR

Post by DaveR »

: My -46 used to do this as well. Started after ~10,000 shots. It only did it 10% of the time at the most.
: I increased the sear engagement a tiny bit, and it hasn't done it since. I have not shot but ~200 times, so that may not have fixed it.
: IIRC, the sear engagement is the rearmost screw. Doesn't take much, 1/8 turn or so.
: Mike in Arkansas
Mike,
Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a try tonight. I did clean up some excess lube that seemed to be around the breech area, and now it only does it about 20% of the time. So hopefully adjusting the sear will eliminate the problem.
DaveR
:
: : When I cock the pistol, the breech block goes up and sometimes the breech won't latch. It just springs back down. This happens at least 50% of the time. The pistol still functions, and shoots fine but it is a distarction when I have to manually have to thumb the breech open before loading. Has anyone else had this problem? or know what may be causing this?
: : DaveR

reblyel2-at-msn.com.46700.46658