What Canadian Adult (not youth) airgun events can I aspire t

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Mark

What Canadian Adult (not youth) airgun events can I aspire t

Post by Mark »

I have enjoyed shooting sports for several years, particularly trapshooting. However, I am of late becoming more and and more interested in 10m airgun (rifle and pistol) competition. I shoot both at home and informally with a small group at a local range. I have been looking on the web for upcoming Canadian matches/competitions, since I would like to get more involved in the sport and in competition. I, however, am getting the distinct impression that air rifle/air pistol is a very youth-dominated sport. I think it's fantastic that so many youth are competing in air pistol/rifle matches, but could someone kindly steer me toward some Canadian matches that I could aspire to someday compete in in an adult class? This forum seems to have a wealth of experience from seasoned competitors.
Thanks
Mark
Claudio

Re: What Canadian Adult (not youth) airgun events can I aspi

Post by Claudio »

In the thread below you can see the Canadian Grand Prix. It is one of the best airgun matches in North America.
It all depends where you live, Canada is a real big Country. Here in BC Canada, We have the BC Airgun Match in March and the Hibernation Match in November, it is a three airgun match aggregate. In the past it was attended by different people from across Canada and the USA. We now have one relay less and you have to register real early.
If you are willing to travel, there are a few good matches across Canada. You could go to www.targetshooting.ca and post a message there and get all the info you need.
Claudio Incrocci
President BCHA
(BC Handgun Association)

incrocci-at-shaw.ca.46568.46566
Mark

I live in BC- thanks

Post by Mark »

nt.

Richard

Post by Richard »

You couldn't be more mistaken, there are way more adults shooting air than kids. In Southern Ontario we have at least two matches a month from Nov-March and at least one every other month. There are the provincials and Nationals (which are usually out west, adn the bigggest air match in North America the Canadian Airgun Grand Prix. Don't wait to compete either the matches are fun no matter what level you are shooting at. Have fun and get out there and compete.
Matt E.

Post by Matt E. »

Here's a place to look around...BC target shooting association: www.bctsa.bc.ca. You should be able to track down some good info in there. Good luck!
-Matt
Claudio

Mark, contact me by email for a BC Match List

Post by Claudio »

incrocci-at-shaw.ca.46607.46572