Anschutz 9015 Re-Seal

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

aalbert

Anschutz 9015 Re-Seal

Post by aalbert »

Does anybody share some insight on re-sealing a 9015? My son's gun had a 1 every 20 rd hiccup with his gun today, where the gun wouldn't fire, or it fired with obviously substandard velocity (and the cylinder was at the top of the green, in terms of fill). I found one YouTube video that shows replacing the cylinder seal, but could use a little more info before I dive in.

Thanks
Rednook368

Re: Anschutz 9015 Re-Seal

Post by Rednook368 »

Albert,

I’m not a do-it-yourselfer with these kinds of things (yet). My son shoots a 9015 club stock rifle (18 months old) and had it serviced by Gregg Rice at The X Count for $150 this summer. It now fires BETTER than new. We contacted Anschutz North America to find a trained gunsmith that could work on his rifle and was close enough to home to drive to their shop.

That’s my 2 cents.

Good Luck!
aalbert

Post by aalbert »

I have rebuilt multiple SCUBA regulators, so I have many of the tools (brass picks, scuba type lubes for 3k PSI usage, etc), so I kind of wanted to see what was involved, as it could be a walk in the park, or something best left to others... If all else fails I will send it off to Anschutz, but I was hoping to avoid the $100 in round trip shipping.
Brazos

Post by Brazos »

I have no clue on the Anschutz 9015 but encourage you to try it. What experience I have with PCP rifles is that they are all pretty simple. In most all cases you can swap out o-rings quicker than boxing the rifle up and dropping is off at the post office. It’s sad there aren’t YouTube videos, etc showing how to do this with commonly used 10M rifles. There are so many in use you would think there would be some good references on resealing, disassembly, etc. I feel much more in tune with a rifle once I have had it apart and put back together giving me an understanding of how it works. There is also a lot of peace of mind knowing you can repair your rifle and not having to pay a bunch of money shipping it off.
spektr

Post by spektr »

Dont mess with the rifle yet...... This is a symptom of a "crusty" air valve on tbe cylinder.... Depressurize the tank..... Put a small bit of silicone based oil in the pin valve and exercise it with a small punch or wooden dowell or something similar to make sure the valve is not restricted..... This should do the trick........ Also wipe the threads where the tank screws into the gun to prevent galling
aalbert

Post by aalbert »

spektr, thanks for the heads up.. Gun is at my sons place this week for dry fire practice, but will try that out when I see it this coming weekend.. Have recently lubed the threads on the cylinder with food grade silicone used on regulators, etc. Currently it seems that re-seating the cylinder clears the situation, which lends itself to the remedy you suggested.

Do you have a suggestion on which silicone based oil has worked best for you?

Will keep folks posted, and I guess if I tear it down, I will document.
spektr

Post by spektr »

I use Breakfree CLP and qtips........ A little bit gos miles. I don't like silicone greases because it's easy to overapply and have globs of crap muck up the works