Meisterkugeln Blue

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Rover

Meisterkugeln Blue

Post by Rover »

I seem to remember someone posting that they got a noticeable increase in velocity using the 7 grain Meisterkugeln Blue pistol pellets over the Basics or Hobbys.

I think that would be a good thing if one was using a low velocity gun, such as the FAS6004.

Anyone have tests or info on this? I'm too lazy to mess with this, but might want to try them in my Walther LPM1 (which shoots the Basics fine).
clarky

Re: Meisterkugeln Blue

Post by clarky »

I never tried them but i got outstanding results with Finale Match in tuned specimens....and stuck with them.
Gwelo

Post by Gwelo »

That was me here viewtopic.php?f=6&t=62189

Seems the Basic 7.0 and the Meisterk Blue 7.0 aren't the same weight, at least the tins I have aren't. Sample of 50 Basics weighed right at 7.2 and the sample of Meisterk Blues weighed 6.97. Doing the math explains the +21 fps velocity for the Meisterk's.
Rover

Post by Rover »

I just started setting up (today) a reloading area since my move here. I guess I'm not too lazy to weigh a few pellets.
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

Use the cheap pellets and focus on technique....having concerns about pellet weight variations rattling around in your brainbox will not help at all !
Rover

Post by Rover »

Good thinking, but I was considering ways to get max velocity from low power guns.

Anybody got ideas?
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

After reading the entire post it seems that my comment didn’t apply....apologies.
j danielsson

Post by j danielsson »

On the occasions l have let RWS test out a new batch for me, it has always been harder to find tight groups with the light pellets. I think the guys doing the testing have found me a little annoying, because l really want the light ones. I seem to get higher scores with them.
I have had pardini k2:s and a k12. Now I have a MG hybrid, with a really shitty trigger, wich l have never tested, and it seems to care less about what l put in it.
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

Rover wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:29 pmAnybody got ideas?
If you want the most oomph outta those anemic ssp pistols, use lead free pellets (tin) that weigh 5.25 grains...

https://www.pyramydair.com/s/p/H_N_Matc ... 500ct/1108

https://www.airgundepot.com/daisy-lead- ... llets.html
Azmodan

Post by Azmodan »

a theory i heard (did not test it) is that, instead of lighter pellet, use undersized ones (less friction with the barrel -> more speed). instead of 4.50, use 4.49 or 4.48 to get higher velocities.
different size pellets come only for higher grade ones though (more expensive). JSB has a "tester kit" with pellets of the same weight but different sizes.

if someone tests this, please post here.
Airpistol: Feinwerkbau 100 / Feinwerkbau P8X
STP: Walther GSP 22
CFP: Walther GSP 32
Freepistol: TOZ-35
PPC: CZ Shadow 2
PCC: Nova Modul CTS9
spektr

Post by spektr »

Hi guys, hopefully I. Not hijacking the thread......
I shot a 777 for a long time. I accidently discovered the old Vogel Orange pellets. These made my 777 come alive. 777s have a powerplant that is very consistent, but definitely on the low end of the KE scale. I was pushed why the Oranges were measurably better, so I stole some time on an optical comparator and started measuring pellets....... I found that the pellets had much thinner skirts than the norm and we're softer than the norm. This makes sense when you look at their price point..... Harder lead mixes cost more as antimony and alloying components are not cheap and thinner skirts use less lead. I suspect that the thin skirts expand well to use the air more efficiently and this expansion against the barrel wall makes them rounded than they are sitting in the tin...,.... Vogel was purchased by Podium. Podium has treated me very well so far and they are sending me a sample of their new thin skirt pellet to see if it's as good as the oranges.
Rover

Post by Rover »

I put 10 RWS Basic on my Ohaus reloading scale today. 72.5 grains (seven and a quarter grains per pellet). I have no MK Blue.

I looked at the non-lead (lighter) pellets. Up to roughly six times the cost of the Basics for the spendy ones. Not thrilled.

There is also the VERY mixed reports on their accuracy. I admit I have never tried them (too cheap).
django

Post by django »

I shoot this with RWS Meisterkugeln Blue Pistol offhand in training (with an expensive air pistol Lol ) . Picture tell everything
Attachments
rws blue.jpg
rws blue.jpg (31.69 KiB) Viewed 2942 times
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Yes, they tell us you are a better shooter than you are a photographer ;-)

By any standard, that must be considered an extremely good result.