Venting Air Tanks

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Paul Kierkus

Venting Air Tanks

Post by Paul Kierkus »

Greetings shooting sport colleagues,
It has finally come time to relocate and in order to ship both my air bottle (scuba tank) and the pistol, I need to vent the air from the compressed air containers. What's the best procedure for doing that and at the same time avoiding condensation? I have always been taught to leave pressure in gas containers for this reason and have always done this.
I'm sure that the colleagues that travel to competitions by air must do this on a regular basis with the cartridges for the pistol at least.
Thanks in advance for your advice,
Paul
paulkierkus-at-yahoo.com.46540.0
pilkguns

let the air out as S-L-0-W-L-Y as possible......NT

Post by pilkguns »

: Greetings shooting sport colleagues,
: It has finally come time to relocate and in order to ship both my air bottle (scuba tank) and the pistol, I need to vent the air from the compressed air containers. What's the best procedure for doing that and at the same time avoiding condensation? I have always been taught to leave pressure in gas containers for this reason and have always done this.
: I'm sure that the colleagues that travel to competitions by air must do this on a regular basis with the cartridges for the pistol at least.
: Thanks in advance for your advice,
: Paul

Michael Ray

Re: Venting Air Tanks

Post by Michael Ray »

Ditto what Pilkguns said. You should always empty (AND FILL) pressurized vessels as slowly as possible.