IZH-35M / KSP Mag. release pin issue...

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Matt Summers (VA)

IZH-35M / KSP Mag. release pin issue...

Post by Matt Summers (VA) »

I've finally got my hands on a Walther KSP-200 grip for my IZH-35, along with a Walther style mag release. My problem is that the pin holding the original magazine release seems to be frozen in the frame. It lies flush on the right, and on the left side it protrudes by about 3mm.
From which side do I drive it out? I''ve already bent the stock punch that came with pistol, and I can't seem to make the pin budge from either side. (With a nailset and 12 ounce hammer no less)
Short of drilling out the pin, what to do?

(ninetyeighteleven)matt-at-comcast.net.46440.0
Jay V

Re: IZH-35M / KSP Mag. release pin issue...

Post by Jay V »

: (snip) My problem is that the pin holding the original magazine release seems to be frozen in the frame. It lies flush on the right, and on the left side it protrudes by about 3mm.
: From which side do I drive it out?

Drive the pin out from the side where it protrudes, using a block of wood with a hole drilled in it on the opposite side (to let the pin come through) for support. If you have a helper, you can have them hold a small hammer on the pin while you hit it (the small hammer) with a big hammer - less peening of the pin that way. The other way would be to use a similar set-up in a vise. Once it breaks loose it moves much easier.
If you still can't get it, contact DJ Precision from their web site at www.djprecision.com for advise.

Jay Vergenz
jverg-at-att.net.46448.46440
Matt Summers (VA)

Re: IZH-35M / KSP Mag. release pin issue...

I thought I was hitting it pretty hard, but obviously not hard enough... Perhaps I'll get out the BIG hammer...
(and take a cue from Scott, seen here with my LP-10 last summer...)
Matt Summers (VA)

Hmmm...

: I thought I was hitting it pretty hard, but obviously not hard enough... Perhaps I'll get out the BIG hammer...
: (and take a cue from Scott, seen here with my LP-10 last summer...)

Matt Summers (VA)

Hmmm... (no premature "enter" this time)

I couldn't find a big enough hammer, so I tried an axel support off of a 6-ton jack stand. Nothing. I think the pin will need to be drilled out. Argh.

Steve

big hammer

Post by Steve »

I tried to remove the secondary sear in my IZH35, I couldn't get the pin to budge. I was wacking it pretty hard too. I had to give up and polish the parts in the gun.
Steve.

: I couldn't find a big enough hammer, so I tried an axel support off of a 6-ton jack stand. Nothing. I think the pin will need to be drilled out. Argh.

tenex-at-sbcglobal.net.46504.46472
Matt Summers (VA)

Got It!

After saturating the area around the pin with TSI-301 and letting it sit for two days, a couple determined whacks with a hammer started the pin moving...
A little wood work to fit the Walther grip around the safety and I'll be set...
Vlad, do you still have my Dremel? :)