Scaled down aiming mark for AP

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

chris perry

Scaled down aiming mark for AP

Post by chris perry »

I have been making my own practice targets for 6M Air Pistol, I dont worry about scoring rings, just nearest to the centre of the black for practice purposes. In my garage 6M is the max.
Question: The aiming mark of of an AP target is near enough (for my purposes) to 60mm diam, doesnt it follow that each Im of distance would be 6mm in diameter? eg 5m =30mm, 6m = 36, 7m =42mm etc etc.
I just mark out the circles on thin black paper, cut out and paste on the the reverse side of a printed 10m ap target.
It is an easy exercise, but have I missed some obscure formula of diam vs distance.
ps One shooter, one target doors closed and family out.
Chris P
perrypot-at-pcpro.net.au.46477.0
akihmsa

Re: Scaled down aiming mark for AP

Post by akihmsa »

Chris
Why not just use 10 meter Air Rifle targets? Your group size is what you are interested in reducing and the rifle targets are close enough for what you are looking for. Bought in bulk they are very inexpensive on a per bullseye basis. : I have been making my own practice targets for 6M Air Pistol, I dont worry about scoring rings, just nearest to the centre of the black for practice purposes. In my garage 6M is the max.
: Question: The aiming mark of of an AP target is near enough (for my purposes) to 60mm diam, doesnt it follow that each Im of distance would be 6mm in diameter? eg 5m =30mm, 6m = 36, 7m =42mm etc etc.
: I just mark out the circles on thin black paper, cut out and paste on the the reverse side of a printed 10m ap target.
: It is an easy exercise, but have I missed some obscure formula of diam vs distance.
: ps One shooter, one target doors closed and family out.
: Chris P