LG300alu

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

larry

LG300alu

Post by larry »

has anyone had any problems with the Walther LG300 ALU threads pulling on the rifle, air tank, or filler adapters. If so what did you have to do. We have 3 of them and the threads seem to be stretching as though the brass is to soft. They are always hand threaded no whrentch has benn used. Thanks for any input
smallbore-at-sofast.net.46425.0
Michael Ray

Re: LG300alu

Post by Michael Ray »

: has anyone had any problems with the Walther LG300 ALU threads pulling on the rifle, air tank, or filler adapters. If so what did you have to do. We have 3 of them and the threads seem to be stretching as though the brass is to soft. They are always hand threaded no whrentch has benn used. Thanks for any input
We had 5 last year and now have 8 and I haven't noticed anything odd about them yet. They seem to go on and come off just fine.
Others here have commented on lubing the threads of Anschutz & FWB, but I've not done anything like that yet and don't see why that is needed for brass/brass fittings.
Are they all in the same SN range? I did notice they changed the thread design from a couple years ago (or maybe the used one I bought suffered what you are saying). It was in the 10xxx range while all our others are at least 16xxx. I tried filling it's tube and it wouldn't go on easy. I then noticed it's threads were flat on one side instead of the normal sawtooth profile. I changed the couplers on it so the threads matched the newer ones.