Tech Force SS-2 Olympic Match

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Mark

Tech Force SS-2 Olympic Match

Post by Mark »

Has anyone here shot a Tech Force SS-2 Olympic Match?
What did you think? Its a copy of the Feinwerkbau 65 right?
Have read the SS-2 Chinese version shoots as well as the orig?
Thanks!

modenaro-at-aol.com.46390.0
Theodore L. Summers

Re: Tech Force SS-2 Olympic Match

Post by Theodore L. Summers »

Tom Gaylord had a very positive review in his Airgun Letter some years ago. I have seen other reviews that the material used is not up to par. It wears fast. I have an early model FWB 65 with out the adjustable width notch rear sight. It is in very good condition with the tool, parts to make it recoil and the extra front sight insert. It also has wood match adjustable grips. Pilkington rebuilt it about a year ago and I will be listing it on auctionarms this week starting at $450.00, no reserrve and I pay shipping to lower 48 states.
summers358-at-adelphia.net.46391.46390
Rodm

Re: Tech Force SS-2 Olympic Match

Post by Rodm »

When I went back to shooting after many many years of retirement I bought the SS-2. After shooting it a mounth the cocking lever stuck open. I sent it back to the seller and it was returned. Although it was fixed I never had any confidance in it after that. Although the FWB 65 was the best thing when it was king it is not aa comfortable to shoot as the IZH-46 which I bought shortly after I sent the SS-2 back for repair and I received it before the SS-2 came back. The 46 is in my opion a much better gun for target shooting. In testing the SS-2 had less velocity than the IZH and was nowhere near the advertised 500 fps. This was over 5 years ago so they may have improved the qualith a lot but it still is a CHEEP knockoff of the 65 and shouldn't be compared with it. I would recoment either the IZH-46 or a Dazy 7x7 long before the Tech Fource.
Just MHO
Rodm
: Has anyone here shot a Tech Force SS-2 Olympic Match?
: What did you think? Its a copy of the Feinwerkbau 65 right?
: Have read the SS-2 Chinese version shoots as well as the orig?
: Thanks!

ramadsen-at-iname.com.46453.46390