Pistol sugestions. Accurate (quiet) plinker.

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Sig210-6

Pistol sugestions. Accurate (quiet) plinker.

Post by Sig210-6 »

After reading hours of archives, I am still undecided.
So far it looks like the IZH46M or Tech Force SS-2 Olympic Match
are good guns in my price range (around $300.00)
(Other model suggestions appreciated) (Single shot, or otherwise)
Also, are there any Co's building internal
baffles on pistols like some rifles I see out there?
Its going to be a back yard Target gun, so the quieter the better.
Thanks!
Modenaro-at-AOL.COM.46381.0
Alexey

Re: Pistol sugestions. Accurate (quiet) plinker.

Post by Alexey »

: After reading hours of archives, I am still undecided.
: So far it looks like the IZH46M or Tech Force SS-2 Olympic Match
: are good guns in my price range (around $300.00)
: Its going to be a back yard Target gun, so the quieter the better.
IZH46M is good enough. The best quality/price ratio on the market, IMHO. And it is quiet enough.
Best regards, Alexey
alexey931-at-list.ru.46382.46381
akihmsa

Post by akihmsa »

Nothing is quieter than a Daisy 747! Springers are noisy. The 46M is a good choice also.: : After reading hours of archives, I am still undecided.
: : So far it looks like the IZH46M or Tech Force SS-2 Olympic Match
: : are good guns in my price range (around $300.00)
: : Its going to be a back yard Target gun, so the quieter the better.
: IZH46M is good enough. The best quality/price ratio on the market, IMHO. And it is quiet enough.
: Best regards, Alexey

pdeal

Post by pdeal »

I am not much of a pistol shooter but since it is a plinker question I have an idea. I have had several pretty nice match pistols but one that i really like is an old 1958 but very nice s&w K22 that I got a few years ago. What is neat about it is I can shoot the cci CB longs in it for quiet shooting. It will also shoot about anything else in 22cal. Seems pretty accurate too. I have seen them pretty often on the auction sights for $350.
pdeal-at-mylanlabs.com.46407.46394
akihmsa

Post by akihmsa »

Pdeal
I doubt his neighbors would appreciate him shooting a firearm in his backyard! some folks just dont have a shooters sense of humor ;~) I am not much of a pistol shooter but since it is a plinker question I have an idea. I have had several pretty nice match pistols but one that i really like is an old 1958 but very nice s&w K22 that I got a few years ago. What is neat about it is I can shoot the cci CB longs in it for quiet shooting. It will also shoot about anything else in 22cal. Seems pretty accurate too. I have seen them pretty often on the auction sights for $350.

Mark

Post by Mark »

Funny you mention that.
I bought 3 box's of Super Colibri at a gun show Sat. Shot a couple in the back yard out of one of my Old High Standards (didnt cycle but worked fine). They claim no powder just primer, but it was louder than I thought, and went through a 1/2" piece of pine at 30'. The 2 shots grouped less than 1/4" though. My wife didnt hear it in the house, but it sounded to me like a 1000 fps spring air rifle. Too loud for what I am looking for. Thanks for the info everyone!
Plan on picking up a IZH 46M.
Mark

: Pdeal
: I doubt his neighbors would appreciate him shooting a firearm in his backyard! some folks just dont have a shooters sense of humor ;~) I am not much of a pistol shooter but since it is a plinker question I have an idea. I have had several pretty nice match pistols but one that i really like is an old 1958 but very nice s&w K22 that I got a few years ago. What is neat about it is I can shoot the cci CB longs in it for quiet shooting. It will also shoot about anything else in 22cal. Seems pretty accurate too. I have seen them pretty often on the auction sights for $350.

Modenaro-at-aol.com.46429.46408
DLW

Post by DLW »

If the Supers are too hot, you should definitly try the regular colibri's much more quiet. I bring my father a brick every year and we use them to shoot in his back yard in Montana. it seems to me they are about 2x as quiet as the supers. I hesitate to admit that if my wife is gone, I have been known to shoot them in the living room. they are very slow so it gives the cat a fair chance.... just kidding.. about the cat part any way. Anyway, accurate they are not, so an air pistol is the clear answer to your desire. One word of caution, the izh is not a high power pistol. It will easily richocet off... well almost anything. so if you may also want a pistol with enough power to do a little back yard hunting or even soup can plinking... the izh may not be it.
: Funny you mention that.
: I bought 3 box's of Super Colibri at a gun show Sat. Shot a couple in the back yard out of one of my Old High Standards (didnt cycle but worked fine). They claim no powder just primer, but it was louder than I thought, and went through a 1/2" piece of pine at 30'. The 2 shots grouped less than 1/4" though. My wife didnt hear it in the house, but it sounded to me like a 1000 fps spring air rifle. Too loud for what I am looking for. Thanks for the info everyone!
: Plan on picking up a IZH 46M.
: Mark

: : Pdeal
: : I doubt his neighbors would appreciate him shooting a firearm in his backyard! some folks just dont have a shooters sense of humor ;~) I am not much of a pistol shooter but since it is a plinker question I have an idea. I have had several pretty nice match pistols but one that i really like is an old 1958 but very nice s&w K22 that I got a few years ago. What is neat about it is I can shoot the cci CB longs in it for quiet shooting. It will also shoot about anything else in 22cal. Seems pretty accurate too. I have seen them pretty often on the auction sights for $350.

westberg-at-comcast.net.46430.46429
Mark

Post by Mark »

Looking at the box's in front of me, I bought one of each.
I didn't notice too much difference in sound?
They both went through the 1/2" pine board at 30'.
At the show they said the Colibri is about 350fps
and the Super Colibri 500fps. Isnt that about the same as the IZH 46M? But both the Colibri's are 20 gains... I am just learning about shooting without gunpowder, all help is appreciated.
Mark :o)

modenaro-at-aol.com.46432.46430
akihmsa

Post by akihmsa »

Mark
Be sure of your backstop and your abilities shooting in your backyard. You can count on 400 fps +/- out of the IZH depending on many factors. It does not ricocet any more than anything else. Shoot wisely and avoid problems with pellets leaving your property. Many of the ordinances outlawing airguns in city limits are due to pellets "getting away" from people and doing property damage. Depending on your neighbors and where you live, the sight of someone aiming an airgun might bring you a visit from local law enforcement. We are living in hypersensitive times! Also be aware that the smaller your pellet trap the more likely it is that a pellet will miss the trap. Plan on this and act accordingly. : Looking at the box's in front of me, I bought one of each.
: I didn't notice too much difference in sound?
: They both went through the 1/2" pine board at 30'.
: At the show they said the Colibri is about 350fps
: and the Super Colibri 500fps. Isnt that about the same as the IZH 46M? But both the Colibri's are 20 gains... I am just learning about shooting without gunpowder, all help is appreciated.
: Mark :o)