Cap & Blinder Update

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

David Levene

Cap & Blinder Update

Post by David Levene »

I have today received an email from the ISSF "we are finishing the final wording and will publish them soon".
They advise checking the internet. I wonder if they mean their own sites or TT :^)

dalevene-at-blueyonder.co.uk.46311.0
David Levene

Re: Cap & Blinder Update

Post by David Levene »

This is getting more farcical than ever.
They have issued a new document with the same reference as last week's. The only problem is that they have not, so far as I am aware, issued a withdrawal of last week's so, logically, it should still be in effect. They need to withdraw it urgently as they are now in the stupid position, for example, of having rule 7.4.9.8 & 8.4.9.5(last week) saying "side blinders on the cap are not permitted" which is interpretted this week as "they are permitted".
Thank goodness they are not running a business, oh hold on, they are.
dalevene-at-blueyonder.co.uk.46355.46311
fred

Post by fred »

Would someone please explain the second of the amendments? The way I read it, the only way it could be violated would be if the shooter wore his cap below his glasses - kind of hard to picture.

frbauer-at-msn.com.46357.46355
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

: Would someone please explain the second of the amendments? The way I read it, the only way it could be violated would be if the shooter wore his cap below his glasses - kind of hard to picture.
I think it means that cap side blinders can come down to the same level as a set of 40mm blinders on glasses would come to (if that makes sense).
dalevene-at-blueyonder.co.uk.46359.46357
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Just received an email from the ISSF including:-
"the rule interpretation which is on the website now is the current correct version. Please disregard the one published last week. This was done by mistake and it is not valid anymore. Only the one which is published now on the internet is valid."
That's OK then

dalevene-at-blueyonder.co.uk.46385.46355