Center Fire

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Øystein

Center Fire

Post by Øystein »

Hello, im just wondering if someone could explain exactly what Center Fire Pistol is.
Type of targets?
Shooting times?
I live over in Norway, and i dont thing we got anything simular here...
Thank You!
oeho-at-netcom.no.46232.0
Richrd Ashmore

Re: Center Fire

Post by Richrd Ashmore »

It's the same course of fire as Women's Sport Pistol, fired with a .32 to .38 caliber pistol o revolver.
govtmodel-at-budweiser.com.46234.46232
Mikael

Post by Mikael »

Grovpistol
Klasse Åpen 596 Norsk rekord
586 Pål Hembre Oslo PK Ekeberghallen
585 Erik Bekkevold Brumundal PK Bangshallen
585 Petter Bratli Gardermoen FS EM-Krutt Plzen
584 Geir Stensby Hamar IL PK Bangshallen
You don´t??? :)

RML

Post by RML »

Oh yes! We do :-)
Center Fire Pistol is the official (international) name for what we in Norwegian call "grovpistol" or "VM-grov".
Center Fire is maybe the event where Norwegian pistol shooters have done best internationally.
In fact, Paal Hembre from Norway has won both a gold and a silver medal in the Center Fire competition of World Championships.
This year Petter Bratli, also from Norway, won a silver medal in the European Center Fire championships (Paal Hembre was 4th), and Norway won the goldmedal in the team-event of the same championships.
RML

Mako

What type of ammo do you guys use?

Post by Mako »

Maybe the best get Lapua factory support ... but if anyone does their own reloads ... what combinations are you using ... ?
I love grovpistol; the only ISSF shooting where I can see the holes in the target! :-)
makofoto-at-earthlink.net.46249.46242
RML

Re: What type of ammo do you guys use?

Post by RML »

Sorry, but I cannot answer your question right now. I am not shooting center fire myself! I have decided to limit myself to airpistol, freepistol and standardpistol (+ that we are shooting sportspistol and military rapid fire with .22lr also in the mens class in Norway).
But I can check with the center fire guys what they are using. I know they make their own reloads.
RML
PS. Look at the front sight, and not at the nice big holes in the target :-)
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

Mako:
I extensively tested Hornady 90, Speer 98, and Magnus 98 grain bullets with VVN310 in 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 1.7, and 1.9 grain increments. Tested in a Hammerli SP-20. YMMV for a GSP; I couldn't get satisfactory groups in a GSP with handloads. Now only if Hammerli could clone the GSP trigger . . .
The Speer 98 gr bullets with 1.3 gr VVN310 (Lapua bass, Winchest SP primers)consistently gave 1.5" groups at 25 yards (45 shot groups). Very consistent results for 1.2 ansd 1.4 grains; 1.3 seemed to be "the sweet spot."
I have an Excel data set if you want to look at the raw data. I would have tested some Lapua bullets as well- but I couldn't find any!!!! Worldwide shortage?
Steve Swartz

: Maybe the best get Lapua factory support ... but if anyone does their own reloads ... what combinations are you using ... ?
: I love grovpistol; the only ISSF shooting where I can see the holes in the target! :-)

leslieswartz-at-erinet.com.46262.46249
m

Post by m »

Hey Steve ... I'm with you ... 1.2, 1.3 VVN310 ... but I'm using H&N 100 grm. bullets.
I was wondering what our Norwegin brothers were using ...
btw. you're suggestion to not worry about aiming area with a sub-six hold was a great reminder for me. thanks ...