Cheap-ass pellets

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Rover

Cheap-ass pellets

Post by Rover »

You heard it here first:

https://podiumpellets.com/vogel-practic ... -bulk.html

Apparently, there's no hope of buying points.
william

Re: Cheap-ass pellets

Post by william »

This directly from the ad:
"NOT FOR MATCH USE, SAFETY AND BEGINNER TRAINING ONLY. ON A 10M TARGET, YOU WILL SHOOT 3-4'S AT RANDOM."

And I always thought those orbital shots were something I did!!!

Rog, what's your story?
Rover

Post by Rover »

Well, Sweetums, I once bought some pellets in a similar deal. I don't think it was this guy, but (?).

They were, by far, the worst pellets I had ever tried. I gave them to my brother to melt down and cast bullets.

That was the ONLY use I could find for them. But, the price was right.

Perhaps, though, some may find no decrease in their scores.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Rover wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:13 am Perhaps, though, some may find no decrease in their scores.
Some may even find an increase in their scores.

If a pellet is bad enough to throw a shot a long way away from the target centre it could also throw a shot a long way towards the target centre.

It all depends on your shooting standard and sheer luck
hurt

Post by hurt »

Pilk used to sell bulk pellets with no sorting done. They were 99% fantastic. If it didn’t have a skirt I wouldn’t shoot it. Maybe these pellets are the poor ones that have been sorted out...in which case i would pass. Maybe this is the company that bought Pilk’s machine?
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

As long as these pellets are complete, (have a head and skirt) they should be fine for informal shooting. Airguns with choked barrels would help to "squeeze" the most accuracy out of these dirt cheap pellets...
TomAmlie

Post by TomAmlie »

I bought a couple tubs for a jr. air rifle program. They've got two grades: bulk and "super bulk" (super cheap). Honestly, a majority of the "super bulks" grouped OK, except for the occasional flier. With an Air Arms T200 a group of 5 was *usually* a good group. Every 4th or 5th group would have a random one way out there. In an air pistol, I imagine the same thing would happen. Most groups of 5 would hold the 10 or better, while occasionally you'd get one out in the white.
Brazos

Post by Brazos »

I bought some of these pellets and they are fine for what I bought them for which was for club rifles to train new 10M shooters. These pellets are end of run pellets. So say they make a run of 200,000 pellets with a 4.49 head size and some are left over they get put aside and get mixed in with left over 4.48, 4.50, .... head sizes and sold in bulk for practice pellets. I appreciate the fact they offer these pellets and respect the fact they tell you right up front they are far from top match accuracy.
gwsb

Post by gwsb »

This has to be a joke. Everything in the store is listed as "out of stock" .
Either a joke or out of business.
Brazos

Post by Brazos »

I hope nothing is wrong. I bought 16K pellets from Vogel back in December when I was in CO for Winter Air. They are great pellets. They just came out with a new pellet tine which is the best I have seen. I plan to load up again next December.
jps2486

Post by jps2486 »

You'll get a cheap-ass score!