Rapid fire air pistol?

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Joe G.

Rapid fire air pistol?

Post by Joe G. »

I know there was a time some years ago where there was a thought that rapid fire air pistol might become an international event. I don't think that ever materialized but would anyone have any info regarding it? Was there ever a distance and particular sized target decided upon? Any other thoughts or details would be greatly appreciated. My sudden interest stems from my recent acquisition of a Feinwerkbau C55 5-shot repeater. This one is the Co2 version which I happen to think is a very wild looking pistol. Needless to say I am having a grand old time shooting and getting used to it, it is quite a machine. Best wishes to all for a Happy & Healthy Thanksgiving, Joe G
Josephjfg-at-aol.com.46187.0
Charles

Re: Rapid fire air pistol?

Post by Charles »

: I know there was a time some years ago where there was a thought that rapid fire air pistol might become an international event. I don't think that ever materialized but would anyone have any info regarding it? Was there ever a distance and particular sized target decided upon? Any other thoughts or details would be greatly appreciated. My sudden interest stems from my recent acquisition of a Feinwerkbau C55 5-shot repeater. This one is the Co2 version which I happen to think is a very wild looking pistol. Needless to say I am having a grand old time shooting and getting used to it, it is quite a machine. Best wishes to all for a Happy & Healthy Thanksgiving, Joe G
Below is a link the the rules.
I am in the process of finishing an electronic 5 shot target using a Keyence programmable logic controller (KV-16), hall effect sensors and bi-color highway LED clusters. The score is displayed by flashing the green led's above the targets that you hit for a few seconds after the match. The electronics are built but now to get the time to finish machining the large hunk of aluminum C channel. For fun I programmed in a mode that would randomly light a light above the target you need to shoot (but never the same one twice). There are also four settings for the length of the match. Next time I would probably use an Atmel microcontroller and a LCD display but it was a nice lesson on how to program PLC's (and besides, PLC's are great for timing).
Now to start work on the shooting gallery.
Charles
crrmeyer-at-yahoo.com.46188.46187
Barry Markowitz

Canadian GP, Feb 27-29

Post by Barry Markowitz »

Joe, try to make it up to the Canadian Grand Prix Feb 27-29. It seems that they are really trying to make a go out of RF Air Pistol. Last year they provided some RF AP's for general use and had some awards, though I don't think it was an official event, since not many had their own dedicated RF AP's (its hard to make it a formal event when one grip doesn't fit all and many could not practice prior to arrival, I expect). Seems like every year they will nurture the sport to higher and higher levels. E-mail TT regular and Canadian TT's Patrick..he would give you lots of input.
newsphotohi-at-hawaii.rr.com.46196.46187
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

Joe,
It is amazing how great minds work along the same lines. I have a Styer LP-5 on it's way from Pilkington's.
My past experience with 5 shot repeaters was with a B-96. Very accurate, but did malf (malfunction) just a little too often for me. I got it shooting well, installed some new parts and did some adjustments, and traded it in on a single shot. As far as I know that B-96 is still working.
Seaton Thomas and I had a postal match going on with the B-96s. We fired at the standard 10m pistol target at 10 meters, one hand, and 10 second time limit. Finally went to 7 minute time limit. Now, this is at home, using a single target for five shots.
Respectfully,
Bubba

DanielHankiins-at-wmconnect.com.46199.46187
Joe G.

Thanks my friends....

Post by Joe G. »

Well wouldn't ya know that three of my good airbuddies would respond to my question, thanks to all of you. 7 minutes Bubba?, I don't think so.... Barry, thanks on the lead for Patrick, will look to find him and ask more about the match, should make an interesting trip if I can get there..... Charles, that rig you're engineering sounds like a hoot, maybe you should go into limited production once you have it all set up. Thanks also for the link to the ISSF rules, I hadn't thought they would be covering it so I hadn't bother to look there. Besides, I am having so much fun shooting the C55 I don't have any other spare time available. I love getting new toys to play with. Be well, Joe.
Josephjfg-at-aol.com.46207.46188
Dwain

Post by Dwain »

: I know there was a time some years ago where there was a thought that rapid fire air pistol might become an international event. I don't think that ever materialized but would anyone have any info regarding it? Was there ever a distance and particular sized target decided upon? Any other thoughts or details would be greatly appreciated. My sudden interest stems from my recent acquisition of a Feinwerkbau C55 5-shot repeater. This one is the Co2 version which I happen to think is a very wild looking pistol. Needless to say I am having a grand old time shooting and getting used to it, it is quite a machine. Best wishes to all for a Happy & Healthy Thanksgiving, Joe G

dmarlowe1-at-cox.net.46303.46187
Dwain

Post by Dwain »

Barry, is Rapid fire Bob going to Canada this year?

dmarlowe1-at-cox.net.46304.46187