Hammerli 280

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Randy

Hammerli 280

Post by Randy »

Could you guys post your thoughts on a Hammerli 280.
Mike McDaniel

Re: Hammerli 280

Post by Mike McDaniel »

I like mine pretty well. Bulky gun, but lightweight if you don't have the weights on it. The weight system allows great latitude in overall weight and balance. Excellent trigger. Good grips IF you use an upright grip position. Fast caliber change.
The only two complaints that I have are:
1. The .22 LR magazines don't feed well in weather below 40 deg. F. You have to keep the loaded magazine in your pocket to keep it warm.
2. The early .32 caliber 280s (with two studs on the front to hold the slide on) are VERY prone to throwing the first shot wild. Especially after a caliber change. It's predictable, but very substantial. And very vexing. The newer 280s reportedly corrected this problem.

HMSLion-at-aol.com.46096.46094
Bill Abernethy

Post by Bill Abernethy »

If it's any consolation, my GSP .22 also has feeding probs in the cold.
Bill Abernethy
bill-at-wccnet.org.46122.46096
Shauna Muraco

Post by Shauna Muraco »

: Could you guys post your thoughts on a Hammerli 280.
:I shot a Hammerli 280 when I was Rifle team commander in high school. I qualified for the Olympics with that rifle in 1998. There will always be a special place in my heart for that rifle. If you know anyone selling one please e-mail me!!!

smmbabe-at-yahoo.com.46179.46094
Fortitudo Dei

Post by Fortitudo Dei »

: :I shot a Hammerli 280 when I was Rifle team commander in high school. I qualified for the Olympics with that rifle in 1998. There will always be a special place in my heart for that rifle. If you know anyone selling one please e-mail me!!!
Errrr.. (cough cough...). The Hammerli 280 is a target pistol (now discontinued).
http://www.hammerliusa.com/hammerli_280 ... pistol.htm