Anschütz 9003

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

E Kuney

Anschütz 9003

Post by E Kuney »

Has anyone on the board actually handled/shot one of these yet? If so, impressions?
Willie

Re: Anschütz 9003

Post by Willie »

: Has anyone on the board actually handled/shot one of these yet? If so, impressions?
Here in my country the dealer he says that the 9003 is not availalable until spring at the soonest
Ed Knutson

Re: Anschütz 9003

Post by Ed Knutson »

Having just finished working with my first Anschutz 9003,I offer the following impressions:
Very businesslike appearance, stock main structure finished in what appears to be black wrinkle finish, cheekpiece and handgrip materials very similar to Hammerli's black composite pieces on the AR-50 and others, no wood in sight. Forend riser fully adjustable for height, fore and aft positioning and cant, all without removing it from the frame and with one 4mm wrench. Completely new trigger, gone is the 5018, very nicely adjustable for all parameters. Very flexible ballast and balancing arrangements. Should be able to suit virtually any balance preferences, still only weighs about 5 Kg. with all provided weights, room for more if needed however. "Stabilisator", Anschutz word, appears to be very effective. Supported very loosely and fired, there is virtually no perceptible movement transmitted through to the stock. Cocking and loading lever opens to the side and can be mounted on either side, chamber is well exposed for loading even for those with thick fingers. Very easy to use dry-firing device incorporated into safety selector. No obvious downside other than price and I don't know exactly what that is at the moment, but I am told, probably will be substantially more than the FWB P-70 ALU, particularly when the price of sights is considered. Overall, a very impressive product that seems to be improved in every possible way over the 2002CA Alu stock predecessor.
the2lts-at-earthlink.net.46937.46103