Pardini SPE magazines vs newer SP

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Shooterer

Pardini SPE magazines vs newer SP

Post by Shooterer »

Will the new style SP magazine work in my pre 2000 SPE?

Pardini USA said we don’t know, we know 2010 and later.
Pardini Italy said “no” ( that was the complete reply to my email) when asked where I could possibly buy one, the reply was “Pardini USA”
I was told by two internet poster that they should.

Does any one know for sure yes or no before I buy one from Champions?
j danielsson

Re: Pardini SPE magazines vs newer SP

Post by j danielsson »

I had an old .22 short that l rebuilt. Not sure about its age but it was a cast and striped frame and Schumann‘s name on it.
There was no problem with the magazine l had to get, and it is identical compared to the latest.
The magwell was a little tighter in the cast frame but it was no problem.
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

The only difference that I'm aware of is that the feed ramp tabs that stick forward on the older magazines was shorter than on the newer ones. The slot in the front of the magazine well in the older pistols is short enough that they won't quite clear the longer tab on the newer magazines.

My wife has a ~ 2003 vintage SP, and I have an SP New. My magazines won't fit her pistol, but as best I can tell, a minute or two with a fine file would fix that very easily.
divingin

Post by divingin »

My 80's vintage magazines do not work in my SP Bullseye bought earlier this year. I do not remember exactly why at this time.

My old pistol is at Pardini, so I can't check the other way around at this time.