Browning Medalist dry-fire mechanism?

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Dave H

Browning Medalist dry-fire mechanism?

Post by Dave H »

I just bought a Browning Medalist (and am enjoying the accuracy) and was wondering: How does one dry-fire a Medalist? I've heard about some sort of dry-fire setup using the safety, but haven't had any luck finding out the details. Please advise...
dherman-at-earthlink.net.46015.0
gnystrom

Re: Browning Medalist dry-fire mechanism?

Post by gnystrom »

If I remember correctly you can grasp the safety with your thumb an forefinger and if you pull it out slightly and move it to the rear it will go into a dry fire mode. Once it was in that mode you could dry fire and press down on the safety and it would reset the trigger for another shot.
To return to the normal mode just reverse the process. It took me a few times to make the system work easily but it did work well once I got used to it.
gnystrom1-at-msn.com.46020.46015
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

: I just bought a Browning Medalist (and am enjoying the accuracy) and was wondering: How does one dry-fire a Medalist? I've heard about some sort of dry-fire setup using the safety, but haven't had any luck finding out the details. Please advise...
I presume it is the same as on the 150. Have a look at the Pilkguns 10P file
dalevene-at-blueyonder.co.uk.46029.46015
RML

Post by RML »

Just be aware that you may have to use a bit of force to move it in and out of the dryfire position.

Wally Edmunds

Post by Wally Edmunds »

: I just bought a Browning Medalist (and am enjoying the accuracy) and was wondering: How does one dry-fire a Medalist? I've heard about some sort of dry-fire setup using the safety, but haven't had any luck finding out the details. Please advise...
I have a Match 150 and I assume the dry fire works the same.
To change to dry fire (or back) the hammer MUST FIRST BE FULLY COCKED or it will not work. Then get the safety about halfway in it's arc of travel and push firmly FORWARD to go into dry fire mode, or BACKWARD for normal mode. The dry fire just limits the travel of the hammer so that it does not strike the firing pin. In dry fire mode you re-cock by pressing down on the safety.
It takes some practce to get the hang of it.
If yours is made by FN (Belgium), you have a great gun. These guns are natural pointers due to the grip angle. Good luck.

squid-at-mweb.co.za.46087.46015