Public Air Pistol matches?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
kbean

Public Air Pistol matches?

Post by kbean »

Anyone know of a resource to find some open air pistol matches?

Thanks
Gwhite

Re: Public Air Pistol matches?

Post by Gwhite »

It would help if we knew where you lived... Australia? England? The US? What state?
kbean

Post by kbean »

Houston area. I’d like matches around here, but may travel once or twice a year in continental US.
fhorrigan

Post by fhorrigan »

Let me know if you find anything. I live in Houston, but have recently started to take my air pistol with me on periodic trips to Maryland just in order to find anyone to shoot with. I have seen some mention of air rifle matches in Houston. But the closest air pistol competitions I know about are in the Dallas area.

People in Houston seem more interested in "real" guns. In fact I found it amusing that the first few times I took my air pistol to Maryland the TSA agents in Houston insisted there was no need to declare an air pistol, in one case with the explanation "this is Texas!" (translation - "ain't no need to declare a toy gun in the Lone Star State!"). Then again, the last time I tried to declare my "pellet gun" in Maryland the agent looked at me like I was insane until she saw the previous declaration tag on my case (she thought I wanted to declare a Pelican).
Rover

Post by Rover »

Both USA Shooting and the NRA have itemized match schedules on their websites. Phoenix Rod and Gun Club has matches open to the public, if you're in the neighborhood.