looking for a 10m rifle...

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

tim

looking for a 10m rifle...

Post by tim »

I'm new to the sport and looking to purchase a 10m rifle for under $300 - was considering the daisy 753 or 888 - any suggestions or preferances?
Mark

Re: looking for a 10m rifle...

Post by Mark »

If co2 isn't a problem, consider looking for a used Tau-200. Better stock and much better trigger - very accurate. It can be setup for either bulk fill or the crosman co2 powerlets. I have used one for 3 years now and like it very much. It fills the bill as I am mostly a pistol competitor.
The Daisy 753/853 and 888 are also accurate, but I think many folks will agree that given your budget, a used Tau-200 may be your best bet.
Just my 2cents.
Mark
: I'm new to the sport and looking to purchase a 10m rifle for under $300 - was considering the daisy 753 or 888 - any suggestions or preferances?

Jay V

Re: looking for a 10m rifle...

Post by Jay V »

: I'm new to the sport and looking to purchase a 10m rifle for under $300 - was considering the daisy 753 or 888 - any suggestions or preferances?

If you are shooting 3P sporter-class air rifle the 888 is a better choice because you don't have to break position to cock the gun for each shot.
The advantage of a 753 would be a better stock design and no additional equipment needed to use it (CO2 tank, adapter, etc).
Both are accurate and dependable.

Jay Vergenz
IL
www.aiac-airguns.org

jverg-at-att.net.45897.45887