.177 cal. AP Plastic Cleaning Rod

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Michael

.177 cal. AP Plastic Cleaning Rod

Post by Michael »

Does anyone know where I can get a couple of plastic or nylon cleaning rods for an air pistol. They would need to be about 12" long with the loop handle. Thanks in advance.
Christopher

Re: .177 cal. AP Plastic Cleaning Rod

Post by Christopher »

You could easily make your own out of fishing line, and fashion and sort of handle that suits your fancy. Super cheap. I even experimented using nylon coated steel cable fishing line which will not snap no matter how you pull on it. Of course, you could get the one made by OTIS in the US; or the set made by Anshutz. I don't know if FWB still makes their flexible cleaning 'rod' anymore. Haven't heard of it in awhile.
Have fun!
: Does anyone know where I can get a couple of plastic or nylon cleaning rods for an air pistol. They would need to be about 12" long with the loop handle. Thanks in advance.

Christopher

Post by Christopher »

: You could easily make your own out of fishing line, and fashion and sort of handle that suits your fancy. Super cheap. I even experimented using nylon coated steel cable fishing line which will not snap no matter how you pull on it. Of course, you could get the one made by OTIS in the US; or the set made by Anshutz. I don't know if FWB still makes their flexible cleaning 'rod' anymore. Haven't heard of it in awhile. Also, there's a product in the US called the 'Patchworm'. I once had two, but the heads which hold the patch on BOTH gave way and I did not manage to get a replacement from Silverstreak.
: Have fun!
: : Does anyone know where I can get a couple of plastic or nylon cleaning rods for an air pistol. They would need to be about 12" long with the loop handle. Thanks in advance.

Michael

Post by Michael »

Thanks Christopher, but actually I need a stiff rod to remove a pellet that occasionally I put in backwards. I wanted the plastic rod so that when I insert it from the muzzle end it wouldn't do damage to the crown.
: : You could easily make your own out of fishing line, and fashion and sort of handle that suits your fancy. Super cheap. I even experimented using nylon coated steel cable fishing line which will not snap no matter how you pull on it. Of course, you could get the one made by OTIS in the US; or the set made by Anshutz. I don't know if FWB still makes their flexible cleaning 'rod' anymore. Haven't heard of it in awhile. Also, there's a product in the US called the 'Patchworm'. I once had two, but the heads which hold the patch on BOTH gave way and I did not manage to get a replacement from Silverstreak.
: : Have fun!
: : : Does anyone know where I can get a couple of plastic or nylon cleaning rods for an air pistol. They would need to be about 12" long with the loop handle. Thanks in advance.

Jerry LeVan

Blow'em out...

Post by Jerry LeVan »

: Thanks Christopher, but actually I need a stiff rod to remove a pellet that occasionally I put in backwards. I wanted the plastic rod so that when I insert it from the muzzle end it wouldn't do damage to the crown.
Hmm,
I just go ahead and shoot'em after I put them in backwards. It does not seem to make any difference....
--Jerry
jerry.levan-at-eku.edu.45879.45876
Christopher

Re: Blow'em out...

Post by Christopher »

You did not mention about inserting the pellet in backwards.
Jerry's right. You can simply shoot them out. As lead is so soft, it would not cause the barrel, crown, comp etc any harm.
If that bugs you, then use a really thick nylon fishing line. I can't remember, but I used to have one that was about 2.5mm thick and really stiff. 150 or 200 lbs line I think. Probably will cost you 50 cents or even FOC from a friendly fishing shop!
: : Thanks Christopher, but actually I need a stiff rod to remove a pellet that occasionally I put in backwards. I wanted the plastic rod so that when I insert it from the muzzle end it wouldn't do damage to the crown.
: Hmm,
: I just go ahead and shoot'em after I put them in backwards. It does not seem to make any difference....
: --Jerry