Removing Pants/Blinders won't solve the lack of media intere

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Matt Emmons

Re: Removing Pants/Blinders won't solve the lack of media in

Post by Matt Emmons »

Joacim,
Great points and I agree completely. A non-shooter looking in may see the sport as boring, but that would hold true for any sport someone is unfamiliar with. I used to think golf and cross country skiing were boring...until I started going them. Now I think they are not only exciting to do, but exciting to watch because I understand them and what goes into them. As shooters, we ALL have to take it upon ourselves to get the media and general public involved. I always encourage athletes from other sports to try shooting to see how difficult it really is. It's amazing how their attitude changes once they've done it (this is true with the media, as well).
You should make a strong effort to contact someone at the ISSF with the points you've identified. See if you can raise a stink and get them thinking. They are aware of some of it because some of us shooters told the head guys at ISSF these same things two years ago at the world cup final when they first started talking about the rule changes. Keep on them!
-Matt
pdeal

New product idea- a rifle (or pistol) cam!

Post by pdeal »

kind of like they put in race cars. A little camera (itty bitty) with a telephoto lens and a little aperture that is zeroed with the sights and shows the rifle movement.
pdeal-at-mylanlabs.com.45849.45799
Bill Poole

Re: New product idea- a rifle (or pistol) cam!

Post by Bill Poole »

: kind of like they put in race cars. A little camera (itty bitty) with a telephoto lens and a little aperture that is zeroed with the sights and shows the rifle movement.
CMP sells a coupla video sets and the bullseye pistol version of it has some film taken from just sucha device, apparently it is partial mirror that the shooter looks thru and the cam sees the sights off the reflection, it is set up as a training aid, I would REALLY like a chance to wear such a thing and have someone coach ME with it ( and i'd like to see John Zurek or some prior olympic gold medalist wear such a thing....)
it WOULD make a cool video presentation for spectators!
Poole
http://arizona.rifleshooting.com/
bill-at-poole.com.45882.45849