OSP convertion to 22LR

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

A.Cassel

OSP convertion to 22LR

Post by A.Cassel »

Hi everybody, I'm facing a problem with my OSP trigger, it does not catch the hammer after the convertion to 22LR that I made. In gunsmithing shop it fired smooth, but after some strings only the first round fired . Can a OSP trigger operates normaly with LR after a tunning, or I'll need to change springs or use a GSP trigger. Thanks to you all.
acassel-at-ig.com.br.45795.0
Claudio

Re: OSP convertion to 22LR

Post by Claudio »

We have the same problem with just hotter .22 short ammo. You would be best to put in a .22lr trigger.
I am about to do the same thing but I want to try and price out the .22 LR action with spring. .22 LR might be way to hot for the light .22 short action.
I hope we get other feedback on this subject.

incrocci-at-shaw.ca.45806.45795
Claudio

Post by Claudio »

We have the same problem with just hotter .22 short ammo. You would be best to put in a .22lr trigger.
I am about to do the same thing but I want to try and price out the .22 LR action with spring. .22 LR might be way to hot for the light .22 short action.
I hope we get other feedback on this subject.

incrocci-at-shaw.ca.45807.45795
Mark P.

Post by Mark P. »

I also had this problem with just hot .22 short ammo...it eventually led to a battered sear or something (some engagement surface was messed up) and an $80 replacement by Earl's. You might need to go with a GSP trigger group. There might be something you can do with the OSP trigger group to remedy this (maybe increase sear engagement?) but I'm not 100% sure.
: Hi everybody, I'm facing a problem with my OSP trigger, it does not catch the hammer after the convertion to 22LR that I made. In gunsmithing shop it fired smooth, but after some strings only the first round fired . Can a OSP trigger operates normaly with LR after a tunning, or I'll need to change springs or use a GSP trigger. Thanks to you all.

Claudio

Post by Claudio »

I tested the OSP tonight.
I put the .22LR conversion on the OSP frame and it worked.
I also put the GSP (standard pistol) trigger in the OSP and put the .22 LR barrel on it. I put and old set of GSP grips on too. It worked well.
The only thing I am concerned with is how will the OSP bolt stand up. The GSP bolt will not cycle in the OSP, its too long for the housing. We might need to put a heavier custom recoil spring on the OSP bolt for .22LR ammo, it felt a bit punchy as I shot it.
All three of my OSP triggers will not work with the .22LR conversion that I did, they barely work with .22 short hotter ammo. OSP triggers might need a heavier spring and some adjustments but not sure.
This is what I found out tonight.

incrocci-at-shaw.ca.45846.45795
Sandy Santibanez

Post by Sandy Santibanez »

: The only thing I am concerned with is how will the OSP bolt stand up. The GSP bolt will not cycle in the OSP, its too long for the housing. We might need to put a heavier custom recoil spring on the OSP bolt for .22LR ammo, it felt a bit punchy as I shot it.
I do not think that you should use .22LR with the OSP bolt. You will destroy the bolt and/or batter the slide. Go to TT 05/31/03 and read the thread. I covered some modifications that were made to my daughters GSP/OSP that she used for many years. The modifications are easy to make.
Sandy

tenx-at-san.rr.com.45854.45846
Sandy Santibanez

Re: OSP/GSP conversion

Post by Sandy Santibanez »

: I do not think that you should use .22LR with the OSP bolt. You will destroy the bolt and/or batter the slide. Go to TT 05/31/03 and read the thread. I covered some modifications that were made to my daughters GSP/OSP that she used for many years. The modifications are easy to make.

I should have said that the OSP bolt works very well if you make these minor modifications:
A GSP charging handles (they are much heavier).
A home made recoil buffer (easy to make from plastic hose. It is tuned to the .22LR ammo that you use).
Go to the May 31, 2003 TT thread.
Sandy

tenx-at-san.rr.com.45866.45854
Sandy santibanez

Addendum - Use GSP .32cal charging handles. NT

Post by Sandy santibanez »

:
: : I do not think that you should use .22LR with the OSP bolt. You will destroy the bolt and/or batter the slide. Go to TT 05/31/03 and read the thread. I covered some modifications that were made to my daughters GSP/OSP that she used for many years. The modifications are easy to make.
:
: I should have said that the OSP bolt works very well if you make these minor modifications:
: A GSP charging handles (they are much heavier).
: A home made recoil buffer (easy to make from plastic hose. It is tuned to the .22LR ammo that you use).
: Go to the May 31, 2003 TT thread.
: Sandy

tenx-at-san.rr.com.45867.45866
Claudio

Post by Claudio »

Thanks Sandy,
We only did a test and knew it would need modifications. A friend and I thought of stronger recoil spring and heavy handles.
I didn't know it was done before and I'm glad to see it worked. I too want to get one or two done for my daughters.
Thanks
Claudio

incrocci-at-shaw.ca.45885.45854