FWB-700 ????

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Lane

FWB-700 ????

Post by Lane »

What happened? Not on FWB's factory site nor on Pilkguns. Not a word on any forum. The only place that I have seen this air rifle is in the pictures that Scott took at the show in Germany and Don Nygords web page. Don's Picture is more like a rendering and there is no mention of acessories or options. Just a price, $2,000. You would think there would be a lot of fanfare and press releases etc.
GARY

ITS A PIECE OF$%^U(

Post by GARY »

: What happened? Not on FWB's factory site nor on Pilkguns. Not a word on any forum. The only place that I have seen this air rifle is in the pictures that Scott took at the show in Germany and Don Nygords web page. Don's Picture is more like a rendering and there is no mention of acessories or options. Just a price, $2,000. You would think there would be a lot of fanfare and press releases etc.

Øyvind

Buy it!

Post by Øyvind »

I have one, and it's ok. Better than my P70, no doubt about it.The extension of the sight radius up to 850mm is a gem. For travel I shorten it by at least 100mm and it fits into a short guncase or a rather big suitcase.
Also the included "gadget" of changing the height of sights without riser blocks is neat.Worst part is , it shoots better than I can nowadays.

Joseph

Re: FWB-700 ????

Post by Joseph »

it's on the FWB site, but only in GERMAN, not english. And it sucks. It's an anschutz 2002 clone with more problems, more useless junk, and no real bennifits other than the absorber...and i have reservations about them...
TomW

Post by TomW »

: it's on the FWB site, but only in GERMAN, not english. And it sucks. It's an anschutz 2002 clone with more problems, more useless junk, and no real bennifits other than the absorber...and i have reservations about them...

Hi Joseph
I'd be very interested in hearing about the specific problems you have come across with this rifle

twoodle1-at-bigpond.net.au.45504.45497
Steve

Post by Steve »

: it's on the FWB site, but only in GERMAN, not english. And it sucks. It's an anschutz 2002 clone with more problems, more useless junk, and no real bennifits other than the absorber...and i have reservations about them...
So what are the problems, what is the useless junk, and what are your reservations? In what way is it a clone of the Anschutz 2002? Visually it has more of a family resemblance to the P70. The only feature I can see that is more similar to the Anschutz than the P70 is the mounting of the pistol grip independantly from the butt/cheek piece, which is a feature of virtually every aluminium stocked air rifle and free rifle, not just Anschutz, and would seem like a good idea (whether their own or not) to introduce on a new model.
TomW

Re: ITS A PIECE OF$%^U(

Post by TomW »

: : What happened? Not on FWB's factory site nor on Pilkguns. Not a word on any forum. The only place that I have seen this air rifle is in the pictures that Scott took at the show in Germany and Don Nygords web page. Don's Picture is more like a rendering and there is no mention of acessories or options. Just a price, $2,000. You would think there would be a lot of fanfare and press releases etc.
I'm still waiting for someone to specify precisely what is wrong with this rifle. If it's "a piece of $%^U( " would you please explain why you feel this way.

twoodle1-at-bigpond.net.au.45521.45438
Randy Bimrose

Post by Randy Bimrose »

Check with Beeman--there is one in the country right now-I've seen it-- they have some on order.
barrelbender-at-earthlink.net.45533.45435
TomW

Re: ITS A PIECE OF$%^U(

Post by TomW »

: : : What happened? Not on FWB's factory site nor on Pilkguns. Not a word on any forum. The only place that I have seen this air rifle is in the pictures that Scott took at the show in Germany and Don Nygords web page. Don's Picture is more like a rendering and there is no mention of acessories or options. Just a price, $2,000. You would think there would be a lot of fanfare and press releases etc.

Looks like there's nothing wrong with this rifle at all.
: I'm still waiting for someone to specify precisely what is wrong with this rifle. If it's "a piece of $%^U( " would you please explain why you feel this way.

twoodle1-at-bigpond.net.au.45568.45521
Heinrich Heine

Re: Buy it!

Post by Heinrich Heine »

How is it different from the P70, precisely?
The sight radius cannot be expanded more than about 1 cm from the P70 without violating the rules.
Does it have anything the Anschutz 2002 does not have?
I find the P70 too light, and the Anschutz 2002 just right. Is the FWB 700 heavier than the P70?
Heinrich.
HeinrichHeineX-at-yahoo.com.45768.45449
Øyvind

Re: Buy it!

Post by Øyvind »

The gadget of shortening and lengthening of the sight radius is superb.The 70 does not have this, and I had a red one, the blue I am measuring now has 830mm from tip to rear.It has a MEC tube on, so maybe it's not original? The 700 has also the gadget of 3 ,possibilities of included riserblocks, so to speak.The barrel can be taken off the "action" with 3 screws.This is new, and copied from Hämmerli AR50.The compensator is now in line with bore, and not to the side. The stock has a new design, and sort of looks like the.22 free rifle 2602 stock. I haven't looked inside the trigger unit, but I think a little bit news is there as well.
As for weight, I think the 700 is lighter than the blue 70 I have in front of me.