Save the shooting pants

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

David Amiot

Save the shooting pants

Post by David Amiot »

After posting Kurt Thune's letter, it seems that the shooting community has responded in favor of the shooting pants. I once believed that the manufacturers might have supported this change, but it is now clear that at least KT does not.
I confess that I waited for three days before writing to USA Shooting, but I think it is in everyone's best interest to write a quick email urging the OTC medical staff to respond like the DSB did.
Perhaps the Target Talk community needs to appoint a group of individuals to lead the charge against the ISSF. leaving the ISSF is not much of an option in my opinion, but, it can always be changed.
I know that there must be at least one doctor out there that reads this board. Would you be willing to talk with USA Shooting and the OTC medical staff concerning a protest letter to the ISSF?
Finally, I believe that time is of the essence. If the new rule is finally adopted for real, it may make it even more difficult to overturn.
So, please get your emails in quickly, and let's see if we get a response from USA Shooting and the OTC docs.
DEAmiot-at-aol.com.45763.0
scott

Re: Save the shooting pants

Post by scott »

Looking into an admittedly cloudy crystal ball, should ISSF elect to drop the current shooting pants for standing, (no pun intended) the NRA would be handed a GOLDEN opportunity to attract a huge new following of active shooters to their 3-P, 4-P and AR programs by allowing such pants in their sanctioned competitions. Personally I have little interest in shooting AR or 3-P standing without the current design pants, due to the natural effects of my age now pushing 50. I'd be relegated to prone, a challenging but kinda dull game.
Rather than retreat and follow suit with the ISSF, NRA could openly embrace all these active shooters who think such pants are both of benefit to their performance and protecting their health, and the international rifle set would suffer yet another leak in their pool of potential athletes.
A leak which in this case which was sadly self-inflicted...
Scott

: After posting Kurt Thune's letter, it seems that the shooting community has responded in favor of the shooting pants. I once believed that the manufacturers might have supported this change, but it is now clear that at least KT does not.
: I confess that I waited for three days before writing to USA Shooting, but I think it is in everyone's best interest to write a quick email urging the OTC medical staff to respond like the DSB did.
: Perhaps the Target Talk community needs to appoint a group of individuals to lead the charge against the ISSF. leaving the ISSF is not much of an option in my opinion, but, it can always be changed.
: I know that there must be at least one doctor out there that reads this board. Would you be willing to talk with USA Shooting and the OTC medical staff concerning a protest letter to the ISSF?
: Finally, I believe that time is of the essence. If the new rule is finally adopted for real, it may make it even more difficult to overturn.
: So, please get your emails in quickly, and let's see if we get a response from USA Shooting and the OTC docs.

submoa-at-aol.com.45764.45763
Randy

Re: Save the shooting pants

Post by Randy »

After a couple of conversations with USA Shooting, I believe that it was the consensous from the medical advisors at the ISSF that if people are properly setting up their position then the pants are not necessary. I don't agree with or support the ISSF decision, but that is one reason they are giving for getting rid of the current pants. Therefore, I'm not sure writing to the doctors at the ISSF is going to have any affect. First your asking a medical doctor that he made a mistake, which you are questioning his medical knowledge? Despite the fact they are questioning the shooters in the field knowledge.

: Looking into an admittedly cloudy crystal ball, should ISSF elect to drop the current shooting pants for standing, (no pun intended) the NRA would be handed a GOLDEN opportunity to attract a huge new following of active shooters to their 3-P, 4-P and AR programs by allowing such pants in their sanctioned competitions. Personally I have little interest in shooting AR or 3-P standing without the current design pants, due to the natural effects of my age now pushing 50. I'd be relegated to prone, a challenging but kinda dull game.
: Rather than retreat and follow suit with the ISSF, NRA could openly embrace all these active shooters who think such pants are both of benefit to their performance and protecting their health, and the international rifle set would suffer yet another leak in their pool of potential athletes.
: A leak which in this case which was sadly self-inflicted...
: Scott
:
: : After posting Kurt Thune's letter, it seems that the shooting community has responded in favor of the shooting pants. I once believed that the manufacturers might have supported this change, but it is now clear that at least KT does not.
: : I confess that I waited for three days before writing to USA Shooting, but I think it is in everyone's best interest to write a quick email urging the OTC medical staff to respond like the DSB did.
: : Perhaps the Target Talk community needs to appoint a group of individuals to lead the charge against the ISSF. leaving the ISSF is not much of an option in my opinion, but, it can always be changed.
: : I know that there must be at least one doctor out there that reads this board. Would you be willing to talk with USA Shooting and the OTC medical staff concerning a protest letter to the ISSF?
: : Finally, I believe that time is of the essence. If the new rule is finally adopted for real, it may make it even more difficult to overturn.
: : So, please get your emails in quickly, and let's see if we get a response from USA Shooting and the OTC docs.

randy-at-srv.net.45782.45764
Stouffer

This may not be true...

Post by Stouffer »

Geo. Harris at NRA, head of smallbore, HATES shooting pants. Just call him and ask him. Any opportunity for him to kill shooting pants will be gladly welcomed from his end.

: Looking into an admittedly cloudy crystal ball, should ISSF elect to drop the current shooting pants for standing, (no pun intended) the NRA would be handed a GOLDEN opportunity to attract a huge new following of active shooters to their 3-P, 4-P and AR programs by allowing such pants in their sanctioned competitions. Personally I have little interest in shooting AR or 3-P standing without the current design pants, due to the natural effects of my age now pushing 50. I'd be relegated to prone, a challenging but kinda dull game.
: Rather than retreat and follow suit with the ISSF, NRA could openly embrace all these active shooters who think such pants are both of benefit to their performance and protecting their health, and the international rifle set would suffer yet another leak in their pool of potential athletes.
: A leak which in this case which was sadly self-inflicted...
: Scott
:
: : After posting Kurt Thune's letter, it seems that the shooting community has responded in favor of the shooting pants. I once believed that the manufacturers might have supported this change, but it is now clear that at least KT does not.
: : I confess that I waited for three days before writing to USA Shooting, but I think it is in everyone's best interest to write a quick email urging the OTC medical staff to respond like the DSB did.
: : Perhaps the Target Talk community needs to appoint a group of individuals to lead the charge against the ISSF. leaving the ISSF is not much of an option in my opinion, but, it can always be changed.
: : I know that there must be at least one doctor out there that reads this board. Would you be willing to talk with USA Shooting and the OTC medical staff concerning a protest letter to the ISSF?
: : Finally, I believe that time is of the essence. If the new rule is finally adopted for real, it may make it even more difficult to overturn.
: : So, please get your emails in quickly, and let's see if we get a response from USA Shooting and the OTC docs.