Walther GSP top end on OSP frame?

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

race1911

Walther GSP top end on OSP frame?

Post by race1911 »

I have a great deal on an OSP (later model--square barrel end), with the change in rules in rapid-fire to 22lr on Jan 1, 2005 I would only be able to use it for next year unless a top end (22 lr) from a GSP could be used on it from 2005 on. Is this possible, direct replacement of top end, or just barrell change without modifications? or what???? ..........please give me my options if I buy the OSP, thanks, race1911
race1911-at-telus.net.45734.0
Dean

Re: Walther GSP top end on OSP frame?

Post by Dean »

Don't waste your money...you will need the complete .22lr conversion kit ie. mags/trigger unit/barrel/slide etc and a good reason..if you need to buy a gun just get the GSP ( maybe that's why it seems like a good deal!)

race1911

Post by race1911 »

: Don't waste your money...you will need the complete .22lr conversion kit ie. mags/trigger unit/barrel/slide etc and a good reason..if you need to buy a gun just get the GSP ( maybe that's why it seems like a good deal!)
problem is I can afford the OSP with 22 short complete ($500) with 2 mags NOW and be able to compete for a full year under the present rules before needing the money to switch over to what a GSP in 22lr would cost (1 year from now I will be able to afford either a GSP or a new top end in 22lr if it will fit the OSP)
race1911-at-telus.net.45737.45736
Dean

Post by Dean »

Life is too short........buy it! you can never have too many good quality pistols.

Mike McDaniel

At that price I'd snag it.

Post by Mike McDaniel »

Here's the deal.....
Walther makes a conversion for the OSP. It consists of a complete upper and trigger unit. You can't get away with just a barrel change, it uses a different bolt and trigger unit.
Also, I'd bet money that Walther is working now on a SP/RF upper - probably a GSP bolt with a shorter barrel. You might want to wait on that.
FWIW, I'm in the same boat - except that I have a 1990-vintage OSP.
HMSLion-at-aol.com.45752.45737