Another aim question

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

JT

Another aim question

Post by JT »

Now that we are discussing 10m pistol sight alignment, what about 10m rifle alignment.
What are the salient points for holding an apeture sight(front and rear) on a 10m target?
What should I see?
Should my front apeture give me a picture of the whole bull or just the black part?
I currently have a 3mm front apeture and I see mostly black but some white. About to the edge of the 1 ring. Is that good?
shootingsports-at-ev1.net.45717.0
Anatolii Piddubnyi

Re: Another aim question

Post by Anatolii Piddubnyi »

: Now that we are discussing 10m pistol sight alignment, what about 10m rifle alignment.
: What are the salient points for holding an apeture sight(front and rear) on a 10m target?
: What should I see?
: Should my front apeture give me a picture of the whole bull or just the black part?
: I currently have a 3mm front apeture and I see mostly black but some white. About to the edge of the 1 ring. Is that good?

dubich-at-yahoo.com.45719.45717
Anatolii Piddubnyi

: Now that we are discussing 10m pistol sight alignment, what about 10m rifle alignment.
: What are the salient points for holding an apeture sight(front and rear) on a 10m target?
: What should I see?
: Should my front apeture give me a picture of the whole bull or just the black part?
: I currently have a 3mm front apeture and I see mostly black but some white. About to the edge of the 1 ring. Is that good?

dubich-at-yahoo.com.45720.45717
Anatolii Piddubnyi

: : Now that we are discussing 10m pistol sight alignment, what about 10m rifle alignment.
: : What are the salient points for holding an apeture sight(front and rear) on a 10m target?
: : What should I see?
: : Should my front apeture give me a picture of the whole bull or just the black part?
: : I currently have a 3mm front apeture and I see mostly black but some white. About to the edge of the 1 ring. Is that good?

Anatolii Piddubnyi

I'm sorry for mistakes - my first attempt in TT.
The best front aperture for 10 m Air Rifle is 3,8mm - 3,9mm.
Good Shooting!
Anatolii.

dubich-at-yahoo.comI'm sorry for mistakes.45722.45720
Pat McCoy

Post by Pat McCoy »

what about 10m rifle alignment.
The bull should be approximately 2/3 of the total view through the front apperture.

Front apperture size will depend on sight radius and how good your vision is. Usually 4.0 is about the minimum size for best results, but try several sizes. It is better to be a little too big, than too small.

patmccoyagency-at-hotmail.com.45725.45717
JT

Post by JT »

Have ordered 3.4, 3.8, 4.0, and 4.2. I figure that should cover the 10m range.
What about an adjustable iris front sight? Anyone have any recommendation on those?
Thanks all!
: what about 10m rifle alignment.
: : Should my front apeture give me a picture of the whole bull or just the black part?
: The bull should be approximately 2/3 of the total view through the front apperture.
: : I currently have a 3mm front apeture and I see mostly black but some white. About to the edge of the 1 ring. Is that good?
:
: Front apperture size will depend on sight radius and how good your vision is. Usually 4.0 is about the minimum size for best results, but try several sizes. It is better to be a little too big, than too small.

shootingsports-at-ev1.net.45728.45725