SSP bliss

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Rover

SSP bliss

Post by Rover »

Due to this, I'm now the proud owner of a Walther LPM1:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=49758

For the price I was expecting kind of a "beater", but the gun is immaculate. The grips are untouched and there are no signs of wear beyond a few minor scratches.

Dave Johnson, who sells the occasional gun on TT, shipped the gun directly to Pilkington to have the seals (included with the gun) replaced.

I've been waiting some years to find one of these at the right price. Now all around me will have to beware of the "SSP Meister".

Oops! I think I wet 'em.

I told Dave I'd give him an "attaboy" for fine service. Here it is, Dave.
rmca

Re: SSP bliss

Post by rmca »

What!? You bought an SSP!? No way!

Pics please!
Rover

Post by Rover »

Yes, I know my decision will come as a shock to many, but now I have to "walk the walk", never mind the number of SSPs in my checkered shooting career. Perhaps it will shame some to admit they have been "snookered" by the PCP fad.

Sorry, no pics, but I'm sure you can find some generic ones of what is probably the finest SSP ever offered.
David W. Johnson

Post by David W. Johnson »

Glad you are happy with her. I like the ergonomics of Walthers. That's why I picked her up. I just couldn't give her the attention she needed. I hope she brings you many hours of enjoyment.

In my research of the LPM1, I found very little. I did, however, find that they served as the model of the planetary defense forces on Naboo in the Star Wars series. I found that amusing.

David
Rover

Post by Rover »

A little update (4 years later): I'm still happily using this gun and it has needed no repairs beyond a little grip work. Shooting against my Steyr LP1 and SAM M10 I have seen no difference in my scores. After checking out mine, RWilson bought himself one and is delighted with it.

Thanks again, Dave!
atomicgale
Location: Copperhill Tennessee USA (a registered CERCLA superfund site)

Post by atomicgale »

Great! So what's the sight adjustment on that thing from 5-Meters to 10?
Rover

Post by Rover »

atomicgale wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:36 am Great! So what's the sight adjustment on that thing from 5-Meters to 10?
How the hell would I know. I just twiddle the knobs 'til the shots look about right.