Picked up a fixed-tank Morini, can I use a pump with it?

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Mike McDaniel

Picked up a fixed-tank Morini, can I use a pump with it?

Post by Mike McDaniel »

I bought a fixed-tank Morini 162 (got a good price for it). Will the hand pumps work with this gun, or can they only charge from a tank? I live in deep southern Maryland, and tank fills are VERY hard to come by.
HMSLion-at-aol.com.45608.0
BobZ

Re: Picked up a fixed-tank Morini, can I use a pump with it?

Post by BobZ »

: I bought a fixed-tank Morini 162 (got a good price for it). Will the hand pumps work with this gun, or can they only charge from a tank? I live in deep southern Maryland, and tank fills are VERY hard to come by.
I have a Gehman pump, in their instructions they mention an adaptor that is available to extend the din connector to allow screwing the pistol on to their pump.It does not come with the pump and must be ordered.Probably any of our friendly dealers can get you set up.

rzovinka-at-hvc.rr.com.45609.45608
Paul

Yes

Post by Paul »

Haemmerli has (or had) a special connector for the first model 480. It allows the mounting of the pistol without having to turn the gun around, AND it fits the Morini 162E just as well as the 480. Don't know where to find one nowadays, though.
pkuemin-at-gmx.net.45623.45608
Fortitudo Dei

Yes - but...

Post by Fortitudo Dei »

: I bought a fixed-tank Morini 162 (got a good price for it). Will the hand pumps work with this gun, or can they only charge from a tank?
Yes but you will need a pump that comes with a short length of flexible high pressure hose. Some pumps come with this hose, others only have it as an optional extra. The hose is needed to allow the pistol to lie on the ground next to the pump while you fill it.
Modern detachable cylinders can fitted directly to the pump via the brass coupling that normally comes with each pistol. However the added weight of the whole pistol means that screwing the entire pistol into the pump via the coupling (where it would be suspended in mid-air at a 45 degree angle by the thin threads at the front of the cylinder) would place too much stress on the threads and cylinder and could result in damage.
P.S. I've got an early 162e too (non detachable cylinder) and love it.