STB: Used Air/co2 pistol for a kid

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

PJinHawaii

STB: Used Air/co2 pistol for a kid

Post by PJinHawaii »

Anyone have a reasonable quality used air pistol for sale?
It is for a 12 year old boy. I don't want to pay top $$$ for a new gun, but I would consider a reasonable price for a used gun.

pj905-at-hotmail.com.45561.0
PJinHawaii

Ooops, Sorry about the typo... should be WTB : Wanted to Buy

Post by PJinHawaii »

:
: Anyone have a reasonable quality used air pistol for sale?
: It is for a 12 year old boy. I don't want to pay top $$$ for a new gun, but I would consider a reasonable price for a used gun.

bruce

Re: STB: Used Air/co2 pistol for a kid

Post by bruce »

I shoot the circuit like the Nationals and Perry and so get to play with Scotts toys (and buy a bunch of them too). Consider the Feinwerbau C10 that is listed for $525 on the USED GUNS section of this site. It shot very well and was mechanically perfect.

: It is for a 12 year old boy. I don't want to pay top $$$ for a new gun, but I would consider a reasonable price for a used gun.

Jay V

Post by Jay V »

: (snip) Consider the Feinwerbau C10 that is listed for $525 on the USED GUNS section of this site. It shot very well and was mechanically perfect.

If your 12 year-old is large enough for a full-size air pistol, I can recommend the used CO2 Pardini K-60s that Pilkington has reconditioned and priced at about $400 with 2 cylinders. They have a nice neutral balance and medium weight.

Jay Vergenz
IL
www.aiac-airguns.org
jverg-at-att.net.45586.45581
Charles

Post by Charles »

: If your 12 year-old is large enough for a full-size air pistol, I can recommend the used CO2 Pardini K-60s that Pilkington has reconditioned and priced at about $400 with 2 cylinders. They have a nice neutral balance and medium weight.
If you can find one, the lighter weight Pardini K90 is also a good choice (think K60 with a lighter, shorter barrel and shorter cylinders).
Another option I have seen others use ia a K60 with the K90 cylinder, which lowers the weight and makes it less muzzle-heavy.
Charles
crrmeyer-at-yahoo.com.45600.45586
akihmsa

Make the boy earn it!

Post by akihmsa »

I see this scenario often in the 4-H shooting sports. Mom or Dad buys jr. a high priced piece of equipment, jr. plays with it for a while, finds practice boring, then puts it up in the closet. I would make the boy a deal, get him a lower priced gun such as a Daisy 717 or 747 and tell him that if he wants a nicer AP you will pay half when he can hold the black with the Daisy 10 targets in a row with 5 shots each (the low priced guns are more than capable of this). This will do three things for you, one: determine the boys level of interest, two: give him a goal to shoot for, three: reward him for his hard work. To me "giving" a jr. a Olympic quality gun is simular to giving a 16 yr old driver a New Corvette ;~) :

GaryN

grip on the 7x7

Post by GaryN »

The only thing I would add to a 7x7 is a small 1" square piece of "non-skid" to the back of the grip. I have a 747, and my hands sweat. The pistol if muzzle heavy already, and with a slipery grip it gets hard to hold, you can only grip is so tight. The non-skid significantly reduced the pistols tendency to slip in my hand. My non-skid is rough plastic (not the sandpaper one thats too rough) that I got from my local Ace hardware.
Gary

: I see this scenario often in the 4-H shooting sports. Mom or Dad buys jr. a high priced piece of equipment, jr. plays with it for a while, finds practice boring, then puts it up in the closet. I would make the boy a deal, get him a lower priced gun such as a Daisy 717 or 747 and tell him that if he wants a nicer AP you will pay half when he can hold the black with the Daisy 10 targets in a row with 5 shots each (the low priced guns are more than capable of this). This will do three things for you, one: determine the boys level of interest, two: give him a goal to shoot for, three: reward him for his hard work. To me "giving" a jr. a Olympic quality gun is simular to giving a 16 yr old driver a New Corvette ;~) :
: : Anyone have a reasonable quality used air pistol for sale?
: : It is for a 12 year old boy. I don't want to pay top $$$ for a new gun, but I would consider a reasonable price for a used gun.