Morini cylinder leak

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
sal6781

Morini cylinder leak

Post by sal6781 »

I just bought a Morini 162EL from Champiuon’s Choice. When I fill the cylinders and screw them on the gun they leak off about 15 to 20 bar after a while. Then it seems to stop. I tested the cylinders in water and could not detect a leak.Is this normal and will it resolve by itself or should I contact champion’s choice and send it back ?
Timberwerks

Re: Morini cylinder leak

Post by Timberwerks »

Mine is a week older than your's, just shot tonight after a 3 day break. No leakage from the fully charged spare cylinder or the one left 150 that was screwed on. It may be worth letting Champions Choice know of the problem. My Steyer Evo as well as my Hammerli AP-20 PRO hold tight as well. My Pardini's do leak down though at about the same amount you have described.
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

The fact that it appears to leak a bit & then stop is odd. It may be that the seals aren't seating initially. If the cylinders don't leak by themselves, it may be the seal between the cylinder & the pistol. You may want to apply some silicone O-ring grease ("Superlube" is good) to the O-ring that seals to the cylinder. Don't glob it up, a thin film is all that is needed. More than that can attract dirt & make things worse over time.
David M

Post by David M »

Sounds like something under the poppet valve.
After it stopped, were you shooting the pistol ? (valve may have re seated)
Try re-filling and see if it still leaks.