oh yes, another "silly" question

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Keld Friberg

oh yes, another "silly" question

Post by Keld Friberg »

I've just got a second hand Morini freepistol, and thought, that the trigger was to light. According to the manual, screw #1 has to be turned clockwise to increase weight. Turning this screw is not making the trigger heavier as I can tell, but the thing, in which the screw sits is now touching the grip and making small cracks in the grip. Does anyone know how to solve this.
Otherwise a lovely gun to shoot, I've already increased my scorings by several points, and as it seems right now, without having to fight for it.
thanks.
Keld
kboj-at-get2net.dk.45420.0
Mark.

Re: oh yes, another "silly" question

Post by Mark. »

Hi Keld,
Congratulations on your free pistol purchase, and your increase in scores!
Changing the trigger weight using the screw results in very, very small changes in weight. I know my finger isn't capable of detecting these small changes very easily.
With my new Morini came a bag with two extra springs for the trigger. If you want to cause larger changes in draw weight, you may have to install a different spring. If you install a different spring you'll likely be able to return the adjustment screw to a position that will no longer contact the grip.
I hope this works for you and that you have much success with your free pistol!

Cheers,
Mark.

RML

Re: oh yes, another "silly" question

Post by RML »

Congratulations. You have just got yourself an excellent pistol.
As Mark points out, it is possible to replace the trigger weight spring. Your probably have the one giving a possible range of about 0-25 grams. You should not stretch it anymore than the grip allows you to adjust it.
There are two other springs available. One is giving you about 25-160 grams of trigger weight, and the third is 160-300 grams.
I also bought my Morini second hand, and found that the trigger weight was a little to light. It took me a while to get those other two springs, and since then I have not really been able to make up my mind about what trigger weight is the best for me :-)
Maybe you should try the one you have for a while, and if you still find it difficult to control after some practise, you may want to get the other two springs.
You find a few words about springs and othere accessories on this page: http://www.gehmann.com/englisch/produkt ... rini_p.htm
RML