Help needed with info. for 10M air pistol

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Derek Mallard

Help needed with info. for 10M air pistol

Post by Derek Mallard »

Appx. 18 yrs ago I was a competitor in pistol shooting in 4H in Ga. an placed 2nd in state competition with appx. 30 shooters 2 yrs in a row. Since the time I have left the sport to follow life's path. I am now intrested in getting back into the sport of 10 m competition an have no idea where to start, such as equip., competitions, web sites with info., etc. Could anyone out there please help me out with information. I would appreciate it very much.
Thanks,
Derek Mallard
anyone willing to offer info can email me at dtmallard@excite.com
dtmallard-at-excite.com.45394.0
Joe Matusic, MD

THis site is a good place to start.

Post by Joe Matusic, MD »

The sport has probably not changed much except for the power plant behind the pellet over the last 20 years. PCP has largely replaced CO2 (FWB 2) and recoiless spring pistons (FWB 65) due to lack of temperature variables and no weight balance issues.
I would start with your budget. At the low end, you can get a Dasiy 717/747/777 for $70-$200. Gamo compact is in the $200 range. A great new gun is the IZH-46. Russian made single stroke pneumatic. Great trigger, just as accurate as the PCP $1000 guns, but only $250-$300 (available on from this site Pilkington, et al). Used FWB 65s can be had for $250-$600. Once you get past the FWB 65, there are several used single stroke pneumatics (FWB 103, Pardini, etc) in the $500-$800 range, then you get to the $900-$1500 PCP (precharged pneumatic or scuba guns) guns. The PCP guns typically have better sites, grips, adjustable everything. PCP guns require the used of a scuba tank or pump (both in the $180 range).
Of course you will still need shooting glasses, targets, trap, pellets, etc. Check ut my site for an improved silent pellet trap or instructions on how to make your own.
If you have a specific question about eqiupment, please repost.
Joe.Matusic-at-Camc.org.45396.45394
Bill Clarke

Re: Help needed with info. for 10M air pistol

Post by Bill Clarke »

Check www.airguninfo.com there are links to many site with competition information, manufacturers, and dealers specializing in target airguns.
Although Co2 is not as popular as it once was - it certainly still works. Co2 used airguns can represent excellent values. Check Pilkguns at
http://www.pilkguns.com/usedguns.htm for some examples.
airgun-at-despammed.com.45400.45394