Larry's Guns Update

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Gwhite

Larry's Guns Update

Post by Gwhite »

The LGI web page has been updated. The big news is that all the Hammerli, Benelli, Pardini parts Larry Carter had have found a new home:

"The inventory of Larry’s Guns, Inc. will be heading to Cardinal Shooting Center in Ohio!
Although LGI will not continue, a close facsimile will remain under the Cardinal brand.
Packing and moving the shop will be a time consuming process."

https://www.thecardinalcenter.com/shooting-center
Ricardo

Re: Larry's Guns Update

Post by Ricardo »

Great news for us Benelli orphans!
Ricardo
caperaway

Post by caperaway »

Looking at the Cardinal website they seem to be more of a trap and skeet range than a pistol place unless I'm looking at the wrong website. There doesn't seem to be any version of a web store on their site.Buying an inventory of expensive pistol parts seems weird for them.
B Lafferty

Post by B Lafferty »

caperaway wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:37 pm Looking at the Cardinal website they seem to be more of a trap and skeet range than a pistol place unless I'm looking at the wrong website. There doesn't seem to be any version of a web store on their site.Buying an inventory of expensive pistol parts seems weird for them.
That was my impression as well. Or course, it's likely early in the transfer process. Best to give them a month or so and then make contact. Hoping for the best for all.
"No mud; no Lotus."-- Thich Nhat Hanh
-TT-

Post by -TT- »

There are other businesses operating within the overall facility. Champion Shooters, for example, set up there. So don't go by the overall appearance.

Also there is a fairly large pistol range, and events are hosted. I'm optimistic about the transfer!
john bickar

Post by john bickar »

Jim Henderson is heavily involved in the Cardinal facility (I don't recall his exact title), and has been involved in transferring Larry's business assets to Cardinal. He has been putting in a lot of effort to make Cardinal a world-class pistol facility.

I think this is one of the best possible outcomes for the unfortunate demise of LGI.

As I stated on the Bullseye forum, I am in "trust, but verify" mode on Cardinal. So much so that I am traveling across the country to shoot there in July prior to the Canton McKinley Regional.

They appear willing to "put up", and for that, I plan to "show up", and see for myself what it's all about. I'm cautiously optimistic.
CR10X

Post by CR10X »

I'm doing the same as John, coming west early to shoot at Cardinal this year before Canton. I too, am going to show up and see what they are putting together.

CR
B Lafferty

Post by B Lafferty »

Hope springs eternal. Please update us all after your visits. Thanks!
"No mud; no Lotus."-- Thich Nhat Hanh
john bickar

Post by john bickar »

When the folks at Cardinal announced the days of their "3600", that was a strong indicator to me that they were interested in building the sport, as opposed to building their brand (at the expense of others).

I now can shoot 840 rounds against many of the best shooters in the country, on nice ranges, within the span of a week. That's a strong value proposition for flying from California.

It's a striking contrast to what the NRA and CMP plan to offer, which is 360 and 100 rounds, respectively, in two different locations 5 hours apart that are each an hour from the nearest reasonable airport.

I digress from the original topic of Larry's Guns, slightly.
-TT-

Post by -TT- »

dronning

Post by dronning »

Larry's and Cardinal only announced this decision a month ago (maybe less), I'd guess it would take at least 60-90 days to move the inventory set it up and begin business.
I also heard Cardinal is moving forward with adding an additional 200 covered firing points to the 100 they already have.
- Dave

Article in SSUSA:
https://www.ssusa.org/articles/2018/10/ ... expanding/
Certified Safety Instructor: Rifle & Pistol
They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
~ Ben Franklin