some fast answers about Morini freepistol

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Keld Friberg Bojsen

some fast answers about Morini freepistol

Post by Keld Friberg Bojsen »

Hello.
I'm looking for some advice about Morini freepistol, as I'm about to buy one second hand.
I've heard rumours about the factory not being able to or not being willing to supply spareparts, or at least with very big problems.
Is this reason enough to forget the Morini and go for the TOZ instead, as the price for a new Toz is equal to a second hand Morini.
And once again: Could you refresh me about Morinis muzzle-brake, which has been discussed so often. How can I determine, whether it was a poor shot or the muzzlebrake making fun with me?
thanks in advance.
Keld
kboj-at-get2net.dk.45305.0
RML

Re: some fast answers about Morini freepistol

Post by RML »

As far as I have been able to find, this rumor has its origin in one Danish gunshop/distributor that has a problem getting parts from Morini. I have heard nothing here in Norway, or anywhere else, indicating that there is a problem with spare parts from Morini (or any more problems than with others).
There are mixed opinions about the muzzle-break. Some say it gets clogged very quickly, something that may(!) make it work differently at the start and end of a match. I do not use it, and cannot really see that it will help me a lot. There are other problems (with the shooter) that are more important to solve :-)
RML
Mark.

Post by Mark. »

In this part of the world Morini parts are not hard to acquire. My local dealer even stocks spare electronics assemblies. And he can get parts brought in from his supplier (Gehmann) in a matter of a few days if one is willing to pay the shipping costs, otherwise he'll wait and get the parts shipped with other items he's ordering and save on shipping costs.
As for the compensator, it would appear there may be different designs on the market. I haven't been able to confirm, but there's a distinct possibility the vent holes in the older compensators were smaller than those on the newer guns. I've been able to shoot mine and remove it after 100 or so shots. There's a lot of buildup of material on the end of the barrel itself, but the compensator vent holes still appear to be quite clean. But I've heard of lots of folks cleaning their compensators on the firing line (I suspect these are the older comp's with smaller holes). From this initial information I have to believe that I could fire at least 200 shots without cleaning and without performance degradation. But mine is a new unit.
The other thing to consider is the compensator is an accessory - the gun comes from the factory with a "sight holder" rather than a compensator. If you're really worried about the compensator playing a joke on you, you can always remove it and install the "sight holder". This way you have absolute control.
I don't know what you're shooting now, but I can say that shooting the Morini is a much more pleasant experience than the TOZ. The recoil is straight back into the arm, making it very easy to estimate point of impact. All in all I'm very pleased with this pistol (and have put my TOZ up for sale...).

Mark.
Russian Shooter

Post by Russian Shooter »

Preface:
This August NESTRUEV Mikhail on "Russian Cup - Moscow" - hit 581 + 98,2 = 679,2 with his Morini(new Russian record with final).
Results:
http://shooting.km.ru/view/a4D69C83170A ... C97F8E.htm

I tried Morini some years ago - great quality, very beautiful - in one word - "SWISS MADE"!!!
I use TOZ 35 M (M - a little heavier).
TOZ 35 - is old development (in the late sixties) with GREAT history.
As I know - in 1981 russian shooter Egrishin has repeated "581" on USSR Championship with TOZ 35.

What pistol choose?
I don't know... just try to shot one of them half a year... see results. Try another. Compare feelings & results.
P.S. Any free pistol guarantee for you group max. diameter 17-21 mm - just choose model :) with max. comfort...
rulyov_igor-at-hotmail.com.45339.45313
Stan Pace

Post by Stan Pace »

: As for the compensator, it would appear there may be different designs on the market. I haven't been able to confirm, but there's a distinct possibility the vent holes in the older compensators were smaller than those on the newer guns.
Mark,
What is the diameter of the holes in your comp? I don't know if I have the old or new one.
TIA