Best / most effective upgrades on a LG400

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

CamelNL

Best / most effective upgrades on a LG400

Post by CamelNL »

What are the first upgrades on a lg400 economic wich gives me the most advantage with my shooting?

What i got;
- Jacket
- RWS Pellets
- eye blind
jhmartin

Re: Best / most effective upgrades on a LG400

Post by jhmartin »

Adjustable front iris
CamelNL

Post by CamelNL »

What benefits does this give me?
gspell68

Post by gspell68 »

Maybe JSB, Vogel, or Qiang Yuan pellets if you're not using the top RWS pellets?
A lot of folk like risers for their sights, too...
Scott Pell
gspell68@gmail.com
Augusta, Georgia
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

CamelNL wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:38 pm What benefits does this give me?
1) Different ranges will have different lighting conditions. Being able to vary the front aperture without changing a physical fixed iris will enable you to do some minor adjustments to help you hold the bull in the iris ring. This may be from just the lighting in the range, or your physical "excitement" as the match may progress. In addition, not having to change a fixed iris will make it easier for you to feel confident to make the change ... rather than "darn, it's just too much work to change it out".
You want to be relaxed. You may need to change that setting if you are working too hard to keep the hold, or if you feel that the iris ring is too big, and you are sloppy, you can tighten it up.

2) Here in the US, our juniors shoot 3-Position Air Rifle (Prone, Standing & Kneeling). Their hold capabilities are not the same in each position, so this again, allows an easy way to adjust that front iris to accommodate the different hold capabilities.

===================================
Now my #2 recommendation (some may reverse my order here) is an adjustable rear iris. Again the ability to adjust for light conditions which will shorten or lengthen the depth of field of your sight picture. Depending on the lighting conditions in the range this can make the focus of the target/front sight appear more in focus together. This is the same effect you get with the f-stop of a camera lens.

If you use an adjustable rear on your smallbore (if you shoot one) you can also get polarizers and tinted filters in the rear iris as well.

(Note: they can only use these 2 items in the 3PAR "Precision" airgun class.)
sturm88

Post by sturm88 »

I'd like to add about front iris. I used to use adjustible gehman foresight iris that had cross hair. It's was inconvenient and my eyes weren't able to accommodate. I thought I would replace it to more advanced model. I wanted to purchase iris that could adjust aperture size and ring size at the same moment. But I started using regular rings. I'm used to shooting without adjustable front ring so there is no problem to change ring whatever I need before competition starts or during training session. Well now if I needed front iris I'd rather buy something like centra Duo-Glas instead of the gehmann iris.
Regarding the topic I'd choose new jacket firstly