Anyone have experience with the Benjamin High Pressure Air Compressor PCP Charging System

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

MGoodman

Anyone have experience with the Benjamin High Pressure Air Compressor PCP Charging System

Post by MGoodman »

I am looking to buy a compressor for our club and would like some input on the
Benjamin High Pressure Air Compressor PCP Charging System
Also the Air Venturi HPA compressor
Richard144

Re: Anyone have experience with the Benjamin High Pressure Air Compressor PCP Charging System

Post by Richard144 »

I am not an expert but shoot PCP guns all the time. My understanding is that the Benjanmin compressor is a smaller unit that is designed to fill guns directly and NOT to recharge air bottles or tanks and it was designed for individual use. The big factor with all of these high pressure pumps is Heat and I suspect that the Benjamin would be a disappointment if used the fill tanks or used in a club setting where it would see frequent or continued use, at a match for example.
I am fortunate to belong to a club that has its own compressor. We started out with a very nice Shoebox compressor setup. It worked okay for an entry level setup for an individual but not well for a club situation. Fill times were extremely slow and it needed lots of TLC.
We upgraded to an AirVenturi which I would consider a mid level or mid grade compressor. It works well for us. It is fairly fast and has an automatic shut off and an internal cooling system. We use it to fill a 4500 psi club tank and then fill our guns from the tank. When the tank gets low we recharge it with the compressor. Some of us have our own tanks and refill them with the club compressor too. We have the club tank at all of our matches so everyone can refill from it. The compressor stays inside.
That's the best way to go in my opinion, compressor to fill 4500 psi tank and then use tank to fill guns. If you have juniors filling their own guns and are concerned about overcharging then use a 3000 psi scuba tank instead of the higher pressure 4500 psi carbon fiber tank we use.
We learned by our mistake with the entry level compressor.
Rick B.
MGoodman

Re: Anyone have experience with the Benjamin High Pressure Air Compressor PCP Charging System

Post by MGoodman »

Thanks Richard for your reply.
The machine I am talking about is the new
Model that is listed as being good for scuba tanks.
F325B42C-C816-4396-97E7-26BCCBCE8EB8.jpeg
Cola

Post by Cola »

Already replied to your other post. You are going to be REALLY SORRY buying a CHINESE COMPRESSOR.
Just buy a good one like the Bauer or Coltri as others suggested. Thank me for it later.

Cola
Cola

Post by Cola »

That Air Venturi or Hatsan etc... you pay $1200 for here can be bought for $450-$600 from China from Aliexpress if you opt to go CHINESE they are the SAME COMPRESSOR from different sellers with different markups. Go look for yourself on Aliexpress.
I had a $2000 Omega Supercharger that broke with very little use and I am done and over with CHINA MADE COMPRESSORS!!!

IF you TRULY CARE about the club and all of its members then go and buy a good one and not one made in CHINA.
Thank me for it later.

Cola