CM-84E Extractor - Anybody Else Had Problems?

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Mark.

CM-84E Extractor - Anybody Else Had Problems?

Post by Mark. »

A friend and I bought brand new Morini CM-84E's a month or two ago. We both shoot Eley ammo through them - I use the Eley yellow box, and he uses the Eley blue box and yellow box. My pistol functions flawlessly, save for the fact that I really have to jam the cartridge into the chamber with my thumb before closing the breach.
My friends pistol seems to chamber a bit more easily, but once in a while it appears as though the extractor/ejector is jumping off the rim of the case, leaving the case in the chamber. If one uses a knife or similar object to extract the case it's easy enough to do, so the cases aren't sticking in the chamber. It just looks like the extractor/ejector has enough "wobble" in it that it can move sideways far enough to no longer be engaged under the rim of the case.
Has anybody else had this kind of problem? If so, what's the best way to resolve this difficulty?
As always, your helpful comments are most appreciated.

Mark.
Bob Riegl

Re: CM-84E Extractor - Anybody Else Had Problems?

Post by Bob Riegl »

I used to have this identical problem with Eley in my TOZ wherein I thought I would need a ramrod---also made closing the breech tough. I found Eley to be very waxy (greasy)and used to clean each cartridge---then I switched to RWS Target Rifle and the problem disappeared. Additionally I personally found the rims on Eley to be a wee bit thicker creating the breech closing problem. Additionally these tough to seat rounds were also tough to extract. Suggest trying some other ammo
RML

Re: CM-84E Extractor - Anybody Else Had Problems?

Post by RML »

I do not have the problem chambering Eley cartridges that some people have described here. And I shoot only Eley, both yellow, blue, and other types of Eley.
The extractor works mostly ok, but now and then the case is not extracted completely from the chamber. But it is always extracted far enough to be able to remove it easily with the fingernail. This problem is, off course(!), happening more often if the pistol was not cleaned for a while.
RML