Nancy's P-70 for sale

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Ken J

Nancy's P-70 for sale

Post by Ken J »

After winning her gold medal, Feinwerkbau made Nancy a custom P-70, commemorating her win. The color scheme is red/white/blue, complete with some stars. After much deliberation, she has decided to sell the rifle. The rifle is brand new, never been shot. Comes complete. We have looked around for prices on the current offerings from all the dealers. Looks like going price is around $1850 plus tax and shipping.
We'll sell this special rifle for no less than $1800 plus shipping and insurance. Looks like shipping/insurance will run about 25 bucks. Should you wish to see pictures, please email me. If you're in the market for a new P-70, this one would make a good Christmas present.
Rifle will go to the highest bidder on November 10th. I'll be putting the rifle on ebay (if I can!) tomorrow.
Ken J
kenj68-at-hotmail.com.45182.0
Joe Matusic, MD

E-bay may not allow.......

Post by Joe Matusic, MD »

Ebay has frowned on gun related items for some time now. Some have gotten around this by selling a piece at a time. Perhaps listing it as memorabilia might work. Try auction arms or listing on Brad Troyer's site (http://www.airguns.net/class_ad.html)
Sounds like something that will sell quickly on Brad's site.

Joe.Matusic-at-Camc.org.45184.45182
pdeal

Re: Nancy's P-70 for sale

Post by pdeal »

Ken: Ebay does not allow firearms or air guns. Gun parts are ok there but not the whole thing. I'd suggest your best market is right here. Wish I had the $ I'd sure love to have it.
pdeal-at-mylanlabs.com.45201.45182
Fortitudo Dei

Re: E-bay may not allow.......

Post by Fortitudo Dei »

: Ebay has frowned on gun related items for some time now.
=========
Ebay allow air pistols and air rifles to be sold (do a search on "Air Rifle" and see), so a P-70 should be fine.
Mark

Post by Mark »

If ebay doesn't allow it, www.gunbroker.com will. They're a firearms oriented auction site.
: After winning her gold medal, Feinwerkbau made Nancy a custom P-70, commemorating her win. The color scheme is red/white/blue, complete with some stars. After much deliberation, she has decided to sell the rifle. The rifle is brand new, never been shot. Comes complete. We have looked around for prices on the current offerings from all the dealers. Looks like going price is around $1850 plus tax and shipping.
: We'll sell this special rifle for no less than $1800 plus shipping and insurance. Looks like shipping/insurance will run about 25 bucks. Should you wish to see pictures, please email me. If you're in the market for a new P-70, this one would make a good Christmas present.
: Rifle will go to the highest bidder on November 10th. I'll be putting the rifle on ebay (if I can!) tomorrow.
: Ken J

pdeal

Post by pdeal »

Well if you think so you should read the fine print (copied from the list of EBAY prohibited items)

Firearms, Ammunition, Replicas, and Militaria
What is not permitted?
Firearms
Firearms cannot be listed on eBay's core or storefront sites. Firearms include all "pre-ban," sporting, collectible, curio and relic (C&R), and antique firearms, regardless of their capability to fire a shot. Any item that is designed to propel a metal (or similar) projectile is covered by this ban, regardless of that item's present ability to fire.

Related items
Other firearms-related items that are not permitted on eBay include BB guns, air guns, silencers, converters (any item which can convert a firearm to have automatic capability), kits (any kit that can be used to create a firearm), flares, flare launchers, flare guns, and the receivers for flare guns. Illegal components, such as silencers, converters (to convert a firearm to have automatic capability), and short barrels are prohibited.

pdeal-at-mylanlabs.com.45214.45205
Ken J

????

Post by Ken J »

Folks,
I checked out ebay yesterday and found numerous air rifles on the site. Don't look to me like they frown heavy on air guns. I'll let you know if the ebay police come a knocking on my door. However, I'll take the advice and look at other auction sites.
Thanks,
Ken J
Jim

Post by Jim »

Given that e-bay charges a comission which will be pretty big on this item. You might want to give it a couple weeks on Brad free air rifle classified ads first.
Jim
jmorris_3-at-yahoo.com.45216.45182
Fortitudo Dei

Post by Fortitudo Dei »

Thanks for that - I stand corrected.
However it seems that EBay doesn't seem particularly concerned about enforcing their own policy. See...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... gory=31687
Though I agree that this doesn’t mean one should test it.

Stephanie Litz

Post by Stephanie Litz »

Check out www.gunsamerica.com as another possible site to list Nancy's air rifle.
Good luck!
litz10x-at-hotmail.com.45245.45182
pdeall

Post by pdeall »

I think about all they is pull the listing. More importantly I don't think it is the place people go to buy $2000 airguns.
I remember once I saw a fwb 300 on there and it looked like it might go pretty cheaply. Then POOF! it was gone- they pulled it. At one time a few years ago they listed the total number of items listed and at that time it was about 4.5 million. I bet now they have over 10million items. I am sure quite a few items get by. I also saw a "1903 springfield barrel" for sale on there a year or two ago. The nice thing about that particular barrel is that it had the action still attached. Nobody caught that one.
pdeal-at-mylanlabs.com.45267.45231
Paul Benneche

Post by Paul Benneche »

Ken, please be sure to post here on which auction site you choose to post Nancy's gun so that those of us that may wish to bid know where to find it. Thanks.
peb-at-virginia.edu.45279.45182