Scatt and using the Buzzer to indicate 9 and 10 ring

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

ptf18

Scatt and using the Buzzer to indicate 9 and 10 ring

Post by ptf18 »

Fellows. I "found" that you can turn on a buzzer that will sound when you are in the 9 and/or 10 ring while using my Scatt. I think its a tool for use by disabled shooters.

I turned the buzzer on and found that my time "acquiring" a centered up shot and pulling the trigger has been cut nearly in half (now about 4 seconds).

And I'm getting 9's and 10's with traces in a smaller wobble area. I realize using a Scatt is not about score.

I do believe that before this "discovery" I spent way too much time "perfecting" a shot (8,9,10 to 14, possibly more seconds) before firing or in some cases taking the gun down.

I don't have a clue how the use of the buzzer will translate to actual range shooting.

Does anyone else use this buzzer option and am I headed in a wrong direction using it?

Thanks,
ptf18