SAM Air Pistols

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Bill177

SAM Air Pistols

Post by Bill177 »

I am in the process of moving up from a TAU-7 to a PCP. This takes time, as there are so many questions.
Does any one have experience with the SAM products? They make a K11 and a K12. I would like to hear anything you may have experienced, seen, or heard about them.
Thanks,
Bill
airgun-at-despammed.com.45151.0
steve b.

Re: SAM Air Pistols

Post by steve b. »

i own a Sam K11, and like it quite a bit. i think the grips are great. the pistol is accurate and like many different types of pellets.
i had to have a regulator valve spring replaced in it, but Nygord took care of that for free. other than that, it has been fine. mine is about 18 months old.
i did see a more recent one, and the machining was not a good. i shot it some and it felt the same.
hope this helps.
R.M.

Post by R.M. »

The first SAM M10's had some problems, but since then, they've been good. I have
had a second generation M10 for about 4 years now, and haven't had anything more
than some o-rings go bad.
You might hear some bad things about them, but most of it will come from those first
problems.
I give them a big thumbs up.
R.M.

: I am in the process of moving up from a TAU-7 to a PCP. This takes time, as there are so many questions.
: Does any one have experience with the SAM products? They make a K11 and a K12. I would like to hear anything you may have experienced, seen, or heard about them.
: Thanks,
: Bill

mumby-at-cips.ca.45153.45151
Joe Matusic, MD

Post by Joe Matusic, MD »

I had one for a few months. I thought it was a great pistol. The grip made my wrist much more straight than most grips (as compared to the IZH-46, Morini162, FWB P34, Steyr LP5P I had at the time). I didn't have any problems with it. I sold it to a common poster here and he has done quite well with it. I kept it in a dehumidifed basement in a dehumidified gun safe. The gentlman I sold it too had some issues when he first got it related to humidity that was fixed. That gentlman often posts here and may post or e-mail you off line regarding issues.
Joe.Matusic-at-Camc.org.45166.45151