Bleiker Challenger Rifle

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

steve b.

Bleiker Challenger Rifle

Post by steve b. »

Hello all, does anyone own a Bleiker Smallbore rifle - what do you think? Is there a big difference between the Bleiker rifle and the FWB & Anschutz rifles, besides the price..? I have heard that they are of exceptional qulaity, but 6K is a pretty steep price - worth it?
Any info helps.
Thanks.

stinkbugk11-at-yahoo.com.45113.0
Matt

Re: Bleiker Challenger Rifle

Post by Matt »

I don't own one, but have seen them and seen them shoot. Basically, they're nothing special so far as I've seen. The action is pretty nice with a short bolt-throw, but apparently they have a small problem with ejecting the shells (they don't always come out of the loading area).
steve b.

thanks

Post by steve b. »

i think i'll save my money and look at other rifles..
appreciate the help.

pdeal

Come on now Steve....

Post by pdeal »

Being that not too many are likely to buy one it sure would be a nice service you would be providing if you'd buy one then shoot it for a few months and post a review. Be a sport! ;-)
pdeal-at-mylanlabs.com.45137.45131
steve b.

well, truth be told

Post by steve b. »

Ha..! i was planning on just getting the barreled action and trigger, tossing the barrel for a custom silhouette barrel and restocking the rifle for a unusual silhouette rifle. i don't even shoot 3P and such, but i sure do love the rifles. but, i may just go with the FWB. i'm tired (bored) with the anschutz rifles,
(have a few - and they are nice) and wanted to try something new. sure, the anschutz is a excellent rifle and wins a majority of the matches (won this years rimfire silhouette nationals) but it's no more accurate than the FWB's and such. Infact, i got my clock cleaned by a Time Precision off of the bench - this rifle was shooting freaky groups (3/4" at 100 was a bad group). Bottom line - silhouette is dying for innovation.
thing is that when you have such a exotic rifle and then get whipped by some $300 CZ, then i think the gun is not to blame, but it does not make for good unbias writeups and it's tough deal with the fact that you have $5K in the rifle and still lose. who would buy one when the competitior shoots like crap?
So, it's a risk to dump that kind of cash into a rifle where the majority and winning rifles and not even close to it in cost and precision (the Ans. are no slouch in precision - but many other silhouette rifles are of lesser quality - sorry to say). Guess it's just not necessary to shoot the high-end rifles to win.
So, sorry that i will not be able to accomodate the group with a colorful write up - and would be just ashamed to post my scores.
;)

Bill Poole

equipment race...

Post by Bill Poole »

Is there ANY shooting sport that is NOT a competition between gunsmiths?
OK, Maybe Cowboy Action Shooting but THAT is a competiton between costume designers :))
Just last night my wife was grumbling that she no longer considers shooting a sport open to everyone... its only for those with money... and with the entry fee to smallbore being about $5000 worth of clothes, ammo, rifle, sights, scope, etc.... even shooting a BB gun costs over $1000 (If your BB gun is made by Morini).... (Makes High Power look cheap!)

Poole
http://arizona.rifleshooting.com/

bill-at-poole.com.45144.45143
steve b.

Re: equipment race...

Post by steve b. »

good point...
well, i'll turn it over in my head, but i think you're right, it will be a cash game no matter where it ends up. just did that with the varmint rifle.
s.