removing Pardini SP/HP's weights?

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Avianna

removing Pardini SP/HP's weights?

Post by Avianna »

Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone has removed the 4 weights inside the front of the the Pardini SP and HP. I am not sure what other functionality they have, other than increasing the front weight of the gun and therefore reducing the effects of small muscle movements. I know that often after shooting, I find the Pardini's grip digs into the base of my hand just before the wrist, and during heavy training/competition season, this can get quite painful, so I thought if I reduce the front weight of the gun, it'd probably make it less painful.
What do you guys think?
Avianna

trinity-at-candesign.com.45106.0
RML

Re: removing Pardini SP/HP's weights?

Post by RML »

Yes, you may remove the weights at the front (and the springs). The pistol becomes a bit lighter at the front, and it will "jump" a bit more. Apart from that there is not problem with it.
But if the problem is that the grip digs into your hand (not unkommon), you have a grip problem! I assume it is the edge at the back of the palmrest that is the problem. The best solution i most likely to do some work on your grip, and change the angle of the palmrest.
RML
Avianna

Post by Avianna »

: Yes, you may remove the weights at the front (and the springs). The pistol becomes a bit lighter at the front, and it will "jump" a bit more. Apart from that there is not problem with it.
Right, so except for timed/rapid fire in standard pistol, it shouldn't be a problem.
: But if the problem is that the grip digs into your hand (not unkommon), you have a grip problem! I assume it is the edge at the back of the palmrest that is the problem. The best solution i most likely to do some work on your grip, and change the angle of the palmrest.
I definitely agree it is a grip problem, but I am not entirely yet sure what I have to do to fix it. Yes, it is the back of the palm shelf that is causing me pain. My problem is exacerbated by me being cross eye dominant, so I need to pad out my grip to deal with that. I also think it depends on how tight my grip is, obviously, the tighter I grip the gun, the less I rely on the palm shelf to support (counter balance) the weight of the gun. But I normally have a very relaxed grip, I think this also is one reason the palm shelf digs into me so much.
Avianna

trinity-at-candesign.com.45128.45112
Mako

Post by Mako »

go to the Nygord site ... check out the Nygord Notes on grip fitting ... the weights and springs are part of a recoil absorbing system ... if something is cutting into your hand/wrist ... why not sand it down a bit ... you might want to work on your grip strength ... squeeze a tennis ball ... or suitable sized ball ... or buy a grip exerciser from our sponsors website ... www.pilkguns.com ... or from a sports store ... tight grip ... tight group ...
makofoto-at-earthlink.net.45132.45128
RML

Post by RML »

I have seen this problem on several pistols, both with men and women, and I have always had to do som work on my own pistols to make them fit. The palmrest of my own Pardini is not like it was out of the box.
It may at least reduce the problem if you sand off the edge of the palmrest an make it a bit rounder. But in some cases it is neccessary to change the shape of the palmrest to distribute the pressure over the length of the hand. The problem is often that the edge at the back is the "only" contactpoint between the hand and the palmrest.
But it is difficult to say not having seen your hand and grip. The fact that you are cross dominant may also, as you say, complicate things a bit.
RML
Hnak Hannah

Post by Hnak Hannah »

I also had a problem with the Pardini grip, I fooled with it for a couple of years and finally made it so bad I could not use it at all. I had an allergic reaction to the substance I was using to build up the grip where I'd taken material off. I ordered a set of grip from Arnie Vitarbo, and in a phone conversation asked him to make them a little big - thinking I'd rather have to remove material than add (again). The grips came and are perfect. I had to sand/file very little material off of them.
Lightening the pistol as you mentioned will not make your situation better. You'll get more movement of the gun and I'd assume the grip problem would get worse.
hankhan-at-hotmail.com.45139.45132