Fun with Benelli Kite

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Rover

Fun with Benelli Kite

Post by Rover »

I'm sorta handling the airgun range at the Desert Midwinter. An unfamiliar face came in to shoot bearing a Benelli Kite "Young".

I had never seen a Benelli AP and asked to give it a once over.

At first look, the thing appeared "bulletproof"; very sturdy and well designed.

I dryfired it a bit; nice trigger. The gun was lighter than it appeared. It was ambidextrous, but for the grip. The trigger shoe was adjustable all ways.

The thing I found most interesting, though, was the muzzle brake. It was on a very short barrel, but was (the whole thing!) hugely adjustable for length, You could have any sight radius you might desire (youth or not).

I gave the guy some RWS Basics to try and headed out for my breakfast Bloody.

I was impressed, and I'd love to play with one for a while. It might be the ideal gun for a kid, but wouldn't handicap an adult.
Last edited by Rover on Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gwhite

Re: Fun with Benelli Kite

Post by Gwhite »

The MIT collegiate team has 16 Kites of both sizes. The early ones had a few quirks, but I think those are largely resolved.

The team has several Morinis & Steyrs as well, but at the moment, nobody is shooting them. They have been offered to the students, but everyone is happy enough with the Benellis that no one has asked to switch.

The biggest issue right now is that Larry Carter passed away in December, and he was the only source of the pistols, parts & service in the US.
william

Post by william »

Rog, I bought one of the first ones in the country from Larry and loved it to pieces. I ended up swapping it for the "Kid" version to be kinder to my injury at the time (elbow). I thought the Nill grip was the best out-of-the-box grip I'd ever met and have found nothing to alter that opinion. Trigger was a delight, and a cylinder was good for easily 2+ matches plus sighters with plenty of air remaining on the odd chance I'd make a finals. All in all the Kite was my second favorite AP after my long-gone M10.

I posted quite a bit on the subject back then if you'd like to comb the archives.
thirdwheel

Post by thirdwheel »

Two at our club and are much loved, there is a range of cylinder sizes to get the feel that you require, we are lucky as our importer is not too far away and turns around servicing quickly.
fc60

Post by fc60 »

Greetings,

I may be wrong, again, but does not the Kite cylinder fill to 250 BAR?

Do not forget your Photo Shoot with Laughing Bear.

He drove all the way down from the frigid North Seattle for this rare opportunity.

Cheers,

Dave
Rover

Post by Rover »

I'll be in the Airgun range in the morning, then at the Pizza blowout. I wonder if they'll have wine.